For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
In 3. Quite pleased to get this one quickly.

Still 100%, and stats have carried over to new site.

Have also persisted with Nerdle but that's a chore (which presumably means it's stretching my brain more :lol: )
By PeteSpencer
Interesting bit in today's DT on how the NYT is now censoring words, some of which might remotely cause offence , like 'wench', 'slave', .lynch', 'pupal'................. :roll:
By Rob P
I discovered this when it didn't allow CHINK last week.

Rob P
By Rob P
No. I'm not vegetarian.

Rob P
Rjk983, Rob L, Milty liked this
By Pete L
PeteSpencer wrote:Interesting bit in today's DT on how the NYT is now censoring words, some of which might remotely cause offence , like 'wench', 'slave', .lynch', 'pupal'................. :roll:

I've only ever caused offence deliberately I hope. :D
By JAFO
Sorry, @T6Harvard. It is horrible though and will not be a habit I struggle to kick.

If Wordle is crack cocaine then Quordle is Marmite.
T6Harvard liked this
By RayP
I gave up when I discovered that the source code of the web page contained a list of words in the order that they would be 'published'
If anyone needs to break the habit then I can forward a list of the words that will be used for the next month...
T67M, Mz Hedy liked this
By TrickyWoo
kanga wrote:At this moment (1755, Thursday 17 Feb), the allegation that Wordle seems to have got harder because of 'American' words is being discussed on BBC R4 PM programme

The NYT were I think the publisher of the first cryptic crossword 101 yrs ago (or 'acrostics' as they were called ) so upping the difficulty might make sense from their POV. I think I might get back into it. Personal pride thing now. 'When the fun stops' - in the olden days we used to phone the helpline for answers after a day in the office mulling it over. Now we have timesforthetimes etc but...to win gracefully is the aim. (I lose with deep feelings of malice and thought of revenge but it's an aim not a plan :D