For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Colonel Panic
I got it in 7 today, but came away feeling it is just luck; luck re: first guess, then it took 3 goes with three greens to get the answer. Zero skill required other than an open dictionary ...
By Rob P
Colonel Panic wrote:I got it in 7 today, but came away feeling it is just luck.

Pretty bad luck if you took seven. You only get six goes!

5 again today, the streak continues.

Rob P
StratoTramp liked this
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I got it in 4, but only had one letter wrong on the 2nd go and picked a different wrong letter on the 3rd go too!
By JAFO
TrickyWoo wrote:4 today but it's clearly mainly luck on the first word.

Or artful selection - which essentially means listening to @kanga and using SNARE or RESIN.
By kanga
JAFO wrote:
TrickyWoo wrote:4 today but it's clearly mainly luck on the first word.

Or artful selection - which essentially means listening to @kanga and using SNARE or RESIN.

:oops:

If I were the setter (which I'm not :wink: ) I could do lots of mischief by using as the target word obscure (but to me perfectly valid) ones with rarer letters .. :)
By Miscellaneous
@kanga I have reservations as to whether that would work. It has to be achievable. It would be very easy to make it not so by using obscure words, that would defeat the purpose. IMO it has to be easy everyday words, or it simply falls over.
kanga liked this
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Miscellaneous wrote:@kanga I have reservations as to whether that would work. It has to be achievable. It would be very easy to make it not so by using obscure words, that would defeat the purpose. IMO it has to be easy everyday words, or it simply falls over.

Indeed, using obscure words gets right up my nares.
StratoTramp liked this