For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote:I've gone cold turkey, this is my second day clean.

Ah, clean, that might be a good starting word for Wo... dammit.

I was hoping for a 'clean' sweep , but took 5 attempts :lol:
By malcolmfrost
I showed it to my wife for the first time yesterday, she couldn't think of a 5 letter word, then put one in and got 4 greens! So complete in 2 despite having no idea how it works :lol:
T6Harvard liked this
By TrickyWoo
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I wasn't going to do any more of these as they just eat up too much time for me. But I was procrastinating so I did today's. Four. I had the third and last letter and I had eliminated pretty much anything which could make a word apart from the answer! :-) Took me a while of going through letter combinations in my head though.

Exactly. Just couldn't see a possible word today. The xword takes 45 mins most days and people I've 'taught' can frequently can do it far quicker within months then get bored but it was the 'ah I see' moment this morning that'll keep me coming back. 'The job of the setter is to lose slowly and that of the solver to win with grace' or some such stuff in Crosswordland. Keeps the organ pumping. Or is that Lewdle?
By Paultheparaglider
JAFO wrote:I've gone cold turkey, this is my second day clean.

Ah, clean, that might be a good starting word for Wo... dammit.

I thought I'd give it a try this weekend to see what all the fuss is about. It seems pretty straightforward to me.

Anyway, I'm just off out now to buy some lottery tickets.
JAFO, Dusty_B liked this
By akg1486
TrickyWoo wrote:Thought today’s really good - and didn’t get it

I got it with one attempt to spare. Tricky.
Rob P liked this
By TrickyWoo
kanga wrote:
TrickyWoo wrote:... The xword takes 45 mins most days ..'The job of the setter is to lose slowly and that of the solver to win with grace' ..

which xword ? </idle impertinent curiosity :oops: >

[Nice quote, new to me :thumright: ]

Times Quick Cryptic and occasional 'proper' one then review favourite clues and awkwards on Timesforthetimes and annual attempts at O Tempora (mit cheating for the forrin)

Can't get on with Telegraph but very much like Guardian book of 'em on holidays but can't do that when working as too much of 'that's not ON! They're breaking the basic rules of acrostics. Bloody lefties etc' (also it's fiendish)

V. much enjoy Viz too (set by Anus who also sets for Indy believe)

---
Edited to correct spelling of acrostics :D
kanga liked this
By akg1486
TrickyWoo wrote:Edited to correct spelling of acrostics :D

Did you expect anyone to notice that error? :lol:
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
akg1486 wrote:
TrickyWoo wrote:Edited to correct spelling of acrostics :D

Did you expect anyone to notice that error? :lol:

Anyone who plays that particular sport might have objected.
kanga liked this
By Rob P
akg1486 wrote:I got it with one attempt to spare. Tricky.

Me too. A bit nervous.

Rob P
By akg1486
Trevor Noah uses Wordle as an example of something that's lacking in today's world: moderation.

By Rob P
20 streak today.

Rob P
Paultheparaglider liked this
By Miscellaneous
Rob P wrote:20 streak today.

Rob P

How's your average looking? Do you think you have mastered it to the extent you can't fail in 6?

I'm running at 3.38 and wishing I had never seen the thing. :evil: I'm at the stage I'm frightened someone gives me a clue before I have a go. :oops:
TrickyWoo liked this