For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Must be the last person playing. Finally remembered to play 50th, 100%. That's it, I think...
StratoTramp liked this
By T6Harvard
Played 71, got 71.
I nearly gave up as too easy now but a couple of more thoughtful days made me carry on. I must admit the 100 games seems like a good stopping point though :D
By Milty
75 today with a streak of 69. Will carry on to 100 or when I fail. Struggled with today’s one a bit.
By JAFO
BobD wrote:Had the last 4 letters in the correct order by the 3rd attempt. The next 3 attempts all failed, because the answer could be one of several. Words like that make it a guessing game instead of a logic puzzle. Grrrrr :(

That's why I finally gave up the habit.
By T6Harvard
Oh, I missed yesterday's game (travelling).

I said I'd stop at 100 but just got 102. My usual starter word is proving it's worth :mrgreen: Perhaps I'll carry on until I get it in one!?
Last edited by T6Harvard on Fri May 06, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mick w liked this
By Rob P
TrickyWoo wrote:
> Hmm…today’s wasn’t quite cricket was it? Perhaps I’m missing something?

I'm not sure what you are missing. Thursday was an electronic device or a character in Greek literature. What's the issue?

Rob P
By MikeB
Rob P wrote:
> Thursday was an electronic device or a character
> in Greek literature. What's the issue?
>
> Rob P

Or a referee at Anfield :wink:
By Rob L
Rob P wrote:
> TrickyWoo wrote:
> > Hmm…today’s wasn’t quite cricket was it? Perhaps I’m missing something?
>
> I'm not sure what you are missing. Thursday was an electronic device or a character
> in Greek literature. What's the issue?
>
> Rob P

Also a place in Alaska; I guess the devisive issue is whether it is considered a Proper Noun. Now that it's owned by NY Times, it probably referred to a US Football (sic) term.
By Rob P
Where has it ever said "no proper nouns"? Are you not confusing this with Scrabble?

Rob P
By JAFO
The word in question can also refer to a racing pigeon or, in baseball, a hit that allows the batter to make a complete circuit of the bases.
By kanga
JAFO wrote:
> The word in question can also refer to .., in baseball, a
> hit that allows the batter to make a complete circuit of the bases.

ah, now I (not a Wordler) know what the word was. I reckon that for most usage by most Americans it would not be thought of as a Proper Noun, because of this sense.
JAFO liked this