For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Grelly
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I was completely defeated by the American spelling. I even checked the URL to ensure it was a co.uk.
D-, must do better. And I don't mean me!
By Rob P
Extends my run to a full seven days out of seven. :D

Rob P
By PeteSpencer
Rob P wrote:Extends my run to a full seven days out of seven. :D

Rob P

In that case there's a toe-curlingly naff programme on afternoon TV (ITV 3pm) -- 'Lingo' -- which is just waiting for you.................. :lol:
mick w liked this
By Rob P
Thanks @PeteSpencer, I don't really do daytime tele.

That said, I did pass selection for The Chase, but nothing came of it.

Rob P
By Rob L
Rob P wrote:Thanks @PeteSpencer, I don't really do daytime tele.

Rob P

I recently watched my VHS recording of your (and Rob S and Steve and Ed) episode of Jeremy Vine game show...what was it called?...Rob S (late of this parish) was close to sealing your deal; the rest of you were rubbish! No wonder you were "thrown off" the Chase.

Nothing would tempt me to enter such a competition, not even a million quid....but then I've never been in the marketing field :pale: :)
By PeteSpencer
Rob P wrote:Thanks @PeteSpencer, I don't really do daytime tele.

Rob P

So, selective daytime tele, then.......

Your pith never disappoints, @Rob P :lol:
By Rob P
Rob L wrote:I recently watched my VHS recording of your (and Rob S and Steve and Ed) episode of Jeremy Vine game show...what was it called?...Rob S (late of this parish) was close to sealing your deal; the rest of you were rubbish! No wonder you were "thrown off" the Chase.

Eggheads.

And don't forget George, with Jeremy as reserve. But you are correct, our performance (Rob S apart) was total rubbish :oops:

Rob P
By TrickyWoo
4 but had 3 ‘live’ letters in first word which presumably increases odds significantly (and had 2 letters the same which is poor choice of word I guess)
By FlightDek
4 today. Was stuck for a bit too :think:
By T6Harvard
TopCat wrote:3 today.

Dammit. I so didn't want to get into this. :(

:lol:

@kanga how much more difficult would it be to find a 6 letter word?! What would be a fair number of guesses?