For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Sooty25
TomWW wrote:

> I was simple trying to point out there are other points of view and we should not
> assume we have a view that precludes any other. It’s often worth trying to
> understand other people.

Criminal damage does not support any point of view.
By Rob P
I can't be troubled to search for the XR thread, but this quote from a woman who was either in Barclays Bank doing colouring-in or outside blocking traffic

"Another activist Chloe commented: "Last year I switched my bank account away from an offending bank. It was a great way for me to make my voice heard; especially as I also wrote to their CEO.

"It was an easy way to help protect the environment and my children's future."

I wonder has anyone pointed out to her that having multiple offspring is a major part of the problem?

Rob P
Sooty25, Supercat liked this
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bout as ineffectual as smashing the dials on fuel pumps that can still be used albeit without knowing how much you are paying.

Tbh I'd rather not see at the moment :lol:

They are all tantrum toddlers inside. Do a search on youtube for SJW if you want a laugh. Though turn the volume down.

Basically more of this:

Totally disfunctional. Unable to cope with life events. Children. Pathetic.

Sometimes you don't get your own way. :thumleft:
By StratoTramp
Are you saying it's a plant? Get real. :lol:

They tend to have news media covering things like elections. Thousands of cameras everywhere. You can see protest placards in the background.

They have just identified them as a "live one" / fruitloop, and good way to provide entertainment for their news channel.

They are everywhere (language warning):

"TriggerlyPuff" of the Pokémon generation.

Well actually I suppose they aren't everywhere they just tend to be noticed as the loudest, compared to the silent majority :lol:
By skydriller
Rob P wrote:
> this quote from a woman who was either in Barclays Bank doing colouring-in

I take it she wasnt sitting quietly in the childrens play area with a book and crayons?

I have to say that the thing that really annoys me is that if you try to point out that they are part of the problem, not the solution, because of their life choices (everything from having kids, to the clothes they wear, to going on holiday), they say its irrelevant and not the point... :roll:

And I get really upset when Government listens to these clowns.

Regards, SD..
StratoTramp, Flyingfemme, eltonioni and 2 others liked this
By StratoTramp
I like to steer away from the children arguement... Well in cases other than pointing out hypocrisy :lol: and being able to support them yourself.

We should be focusing on human flourishing over the environment. Human flourishing comes back to cheap energy & culture.

The climate cult talk up the problem as being worse than it is. Say the world & the people in it are terrible (environment > people like cessna571 says), whereas by most metrics it is getting better.

Then like skydriller says the government listen to them and make stupid policies and taxes on energy. Which attacks the roots of human flourishing.

We should be able to have both. Human flourishing and an nice environment. It's not either or - but we should try be humane about it :thumleft:
So, it’s “necessary” to discourage people from trying to go about their legal business when ignorant, entitled, juvenile morons are deliberately trying to stop them? That is not “civilised” behaviour.
Nick liked this
By Rob P
Even juvenile morons are entitled to be protected from school run Chelsea tractors.

I have the same, very small, amount of sympathy for the moron as I do for the driver. Neither comes out of the encounter well.

Rob P
By Sooty25
Pretty much give the insulate lot a free hand to do whatever they want. Sadly, the Police and courts seem to support disruption.

I wonder what would have happened if a bunch of protesters had prevented the Judge getting to court?

Police now think that delaying farmers going to market is "acceptable".

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/te ... ts-8941646
By eltonioni
Rob P wrote:
> I have a certain amount of sympathy for the lady in this case (a very small
> amount) but guess the severity of the sentence was necessary to discourage
> others.
>
> Rob P
>
>
> https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m ... n-26892214

Daft woman. Mind you, it was mentioned on the tranny this morning that a new law means fastening yourself to things and to each other will win six months of mail bag sewing. Let's see if and how it's actually implemented because I don't have much confidence in plod to do it first time every time.
Nick liked this
By skydriller
Rob P wrote:
> Even juvenile morons are entitled to be protected from school run Chelsea
> tractors.
> Rob P

So if said mum had been driving a 10yr old Renault Scenic or an Eco-Zoe you would have had more sympathy? Im all for peacefull Protest, but preventing people from going about their lawful business isnt that. I have every sympathy for someone literally driven temporarily crazy by these very unpleasant protesters as the Police stand by and watch the chaos they cause - even when its a mum driving a Range Rover.
Flyingfemme, Sooty25, Nick liked this
By Cessna571
Grannies glueing themselves to tables in council offices in Dorset.

(Calling themselves “Grannies for climate change”)

“To protect the future for their Grandchildren”

I wonder what their children think of them?

Why don’t they pop round to their children’s houses and glue themselves to their cars?

Oh that’s right… it’s only inconveniencing other families that’s a good idea.

Not nice people are they?

When the police were asked why they weren’t taking any action they said usually they would as they were female and had their hands superglued to the table, but they were too old to be of interest.

I really used to think our police force were a force for good.

They’re as bad as the protestors now.