For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Paultheparaglider wrote:... they risk being reincarnated as cockroaches or some such lower life form

I am still mildly amused by the idea of The Buddhist Wing of Extinction Rebellion.

One has to say when rebellion takes the form of splashing a bit of paint or superglue around it's a pretty pathetic show, likely to bring the word rebellion into disrepute.

Nice drums though. Or do the Buddhists have teeny-tiny cymbals?

Rob P
By Sooty25
Paultheparaglider wrote:Beer drinking, Ducati riding golfers excepted. :thumright:

Not in that order I hope!

I now have a vision of a pished bloke riding a Ducati, with a set of clubs on the back!
By Cessna571
CloudHound wrote:I recall a woman confronting an XR protestor about blocking a road.

Turned out the delay and detour meant she arrived at hospital late.

Not for an appointment but to say goodbye to her dad. He was dead when she finally arrived.

I don’t like XR because of that.

XR saw that as a WIN.

How many times, I have known some personally.

THEY ARE NOT NICE PEOPLE.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:
Paultheparaglider wrote:... they risk being reincarnated as cockroaches or some such lower life form

I am still mildly amused by the idea of The Buddhist Wing of Extinction Rebellion.

One has to say when rebellion takes the form of splashing a bit of paint or superglue around it's a pretty pathetic show, likely to bring the word rebellion into disrepute.

Nice drums though. Or do the Buddhists have teeny-tiny cymbals?

Rob P

*One* teeny-tiny cymbal.
Rob P liked this
By Cessna571
xr25688 wrote:
Cessna571 wrote:THEY ARE NOT NICE PEOPLE.

1. XR don't block roads, you are thinking of Insulate Britain

2. I have met some pilots who are not nice, but that doesn't mean all pilots are not nice.

The people I worked with helped organise one of they Shut London protests.

The one that Emma Thompson attended.

One was high up in the Cambridge Cell.

The way the Cambridge cell is run is not nice.

They give themselves paramilitary titles etc etc.

I wonder which cell you belong to?

Did you hire all the vans from a local business under different names so that the owner didn’t know they were being taken to London.

They were impounded. He had to fight to get his livelihood back.

XR were proud of taking his 10 diesel hire vehicles off the road. Having them impounded.

WIN ?

You are wrong btw, insulate Britain ARE a part of XR. Check out their website.

Anyway, I’ll leave you to your hobby of messing up other peoples lives to make yourself feel important.

I’ve never met a nice person who supports XR.

I’ve only ever met one pilot who wasn’t a nice person.

XR members really are not nice people.

This conversation is going nowhere anyway. You’re not interested, and tbh, neither am I, actions speak louder than words and we’ve seen how XR members act.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:Hi John. Welcome back. :thumleft:
Rob P

Not me guv I would never post anonymously and I'm still on suspension, though I do agree with the second point :-)

I do follow a few threads and this one caught my eye, because it was here that my suspension started :-)
By CloudHound
My recollection was that the large number of people protesting blocked the town centre causing delay and diversion. So not a blocking per se

She begged them to let her through knowing time was running out. I saw her on a TV news programme confronting an XR spokesperson.
By HedgeSparrow
xr25688 wrote:
Cessna571 wrote:THEY ARE NOT NICE PEOPLE.

1. XR don't block roads, you are thinking of Insulate Britain
<snip>.

But XR have blocked roads and other forms of transport using glue (cf Wikipedia)

and anyway aren't IB an offshoot of XR and share similar tactics (cf Wikipedia)?

Anyway, shorter term and beyond the UK's borders there are bigger fish need frying. Maybe XR could do something constructive there.
By Rob P
Surely Putin is just an XR protestor on a larger scale.

Reducing the human population of the planet one country at a time.

Beats superglue and pink boats hands down.

Rob P
By Jim Jones
I think admin will know who you are/were.
Trolling a hobby aviation forum has been done before.

Have you looked at wildfowlers who continue to pollute environments and food with lead?.
(Remember, they have guns).
Rob P liked this