For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
malcolmfrost wrote:My daughter tells of a person who came into A&E with a TV remote up his......Apparently he sat down on it, but that doesn't explain why it was wearing a condom :lol:

Perhaps he was worried he might catch something while watching Opportunity Knocks

(I never understood the Clapometer before now)
Rob P, Charles Hunt, Pete L liked this
By Kittyhawk
My medic mate relates an incident of a gentleman arriving in A&E with certain injuries to his person, the explanation for which started with :“I was doing the hoovering in a loosely fitting dressing gown”…
By PeteSpencer
This is, believe it or not , a true story.

When I was just starting on the bottom rung of a fairly long surgical training ladder at the best Teaching Hospital in the land (even though it no longer spells its name correctly) I was on duty doing my compulsory six months stint as Casualty Officer.

One Monday morning in September 1971 a fairly sheepish young chap from the City walked in , wouldn't let any of the nurses talk to him and was shown straight into my cubicle in Casualty.

He had recently got married and as he dropped his trousers it was clear that his substantial 9 ct Gold wedding ring was firmly around the base of his todger, the distal end of which was the size and colour of a fresh, ripe, aubergine...........

The ring had 'slipped off his finger' while he was taking a leak at his office in the City.

He had struggled without success with soap.....

Now it happens that there exist purpose-designed ring cutters for getting rings off traumatised or swollen fingers: They work on the same principle as the rotary style hand driven tin openers, with a tiny lip that slips under the ring to protect the finger.

Our Casualty dept had two of them......

Which were both away for repair.

Thinking on my feet I phoned Engineering in the bowels of the hospital and asked them for ideas and to come up PDQ before the aubergine turned to a large prune.................

Two burly blokes in boiler suits appeared with a mole wrench, a couple of pairs of needle-nosed pliers and a 'kin great hacksaw.

They were brilliant: though it took nearly half an hour for them to saw the ring off , they were as gentle as could be and my patient escaped with only minor lacerations to his todger.

Sadly he never returned for his follow up appointment....................

Post script:
This happened at about 10.30 in the morning and by the time I got to the mess ('College House' - white-coated waiter service in those days :wink: )for lunch, the story had flashed all round the hospital and one of my (non-casualty ) mates actually sidled up to me to tell me the story.

I'm afraid I'll have to skip the punch-line- the complete hilarious appropriateness of the patient's surname- on grounds of patient confidentiality. :lol:

I'll save my (true) Family Planning Clinic story for another day................... :wink:
Paultheparaglider, nallen, JAFO and 1 others liked this
By JAFO
Pete L wrote:@JAFO's written his. @PropWash I believe is also a published author - I'm now embarrassed I cant' find the link.

Deffo put me down for Pete's book as well as Bill's.

I can help you with mine https://www.amazon.co.uk/Above-Law-Adventures-police-helicopter/dp/1785632620/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1638722209&sr=8-1 :thumright:

Don't have a link to Propwash's though I would like one.
eltonioni liked this
By Jim Jones
[list=]a[/list]
JAFO wrote:@PeteSpencer - I have just looked at my wedding ring. I am in no way being even remotely boastful when I ask, how the heck did he get that on there?

Due to patient confidentiality Pete can’t confirm, but I suggest this chaps’s nickname may have been ‘Tiny’.
By PeteSpencer
[quote="JAFO"]@PeteSpencer - I have just looked at my wedding ring. I am in no way being even remotely boastful when I ask, how the heck did he get that on there?]

@JAFO

Give it a try and let us know how you get on. :lol:
StratoTramp, Jim Jones liked this