For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Propwash
I am toying with the idea of doing something similar with BT Sport as it is covering the Ashes Down Under live. In normal times I would have gone there to watch but Australian immigration restrictions due to COVID, differing in each state, put paid to that this tour. (Although the weather in Queensland has prevented England’s warm up matches taking place and threatens the first test match itself, so maybe it would be money down the drain - literally :lol: )

Is it easy to cancel BT Sport once the need for it has passed?

PW
By akg1486
Not sure of the pricing in the UK, but for me most streaming services cost just under the equivalent of one flight hour per year. Which I consider reasonable.

It's also possible to share the account with others. Most (all?) services now support several users per account so the history and recommendations don't get mixed up.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Propwash wrote:I am toying with the idea of doing something similar with BT Sport as it is covering the Ashes Down Under live. In normal times I would have gone there to watch but Australian immigration restrictions due to COVID, differing in each state, put paid to that this tour. (Although the weather in Queensland has prevented England’s warm up matches taking place and threatens the first test match itself, so maybe it would be money down the drain - literally :lol: )

Is it easy to cancel BT Sport once the need for it has passed?

PW

Check with BT if they are your internet /phone line provider .

ISTR they offered me BT
Sport as a freebie when I renewed landline/ internet last year .
By Rob P
akg1486 wrote:Not sure of the pricing in the UK, but for me most streaming services cost just under the equivalent of one flight hour per year. Which I consider reasonable.

My Prime subscription at £79/yr comfortably exceeds what the CAA say I'm entitled to receive half of from a cost-sharing passenger

I also pay an ad-stopper fee to All-4 so as to watch the Nordics untroubled by that tedious woman not losing the keys to her Arnold Clark motor.

Rob P
By ROG
Masses of excellent films on utube.
Some Russian WW2 films are really well made---you can get the subtitles if you dont speak russian. Mind you--the translations leave something to be required.
Plus of course stacks of aviation items.
By Propwash
PeteSpencer wrote:
Check with BT if they are your internet /phone line provider .

ISTR they offered me BT
Sport as a freebie when I renewed landline/ internet last year .

Thanks, Pete, but I’m with Virgin. I though BT Sport was included with BT internet as a matter of course, but only really want it for the Aussie cricket season. It all used to be on Sky until a couple of years ago. :(

PW
By Propwash
But for a limited time, say 2 months to cover the whole England tour, it would be good value. A decent seat at Lord’s for an Ashes test match is over £100 per day, so you need some context. :lol:

PW
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
I am fairly certain nobody is particularly interested, but assume I am just chuntering to myself for the time being.

So far:

Lucifer S5 - well up to standard, about 5 episodes in
Christmas Chronicles 1 - That was fun
Ava - It's no Atomic Blonde (Which I see is on broadcast shortly)
Look Up - Totally amazingly brilliant movie.*
Emily In Paris - The jury is out (Two episodes in only)

So, about fourteen hours light entertainment for £9.99 seems like pretty good value. But that's more TV than we would watch in a normal week, so I think it will still be terminated in January and we may drop in again sometime in 2022

Rob P

*Worth the tenner sub on its own
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Propwash wrote:But for a limited time, say 2 months to cover the whole England tour, it would be good value. A decent seat at Lord’s for an Ashes test match is over £100 per day, so you need some context. :lol:

PW

Oh dear ... having just noticed the cricketing headlines from yesterday I'm guessing you're glad you didn't spend anymore than the cost of a couple of months on a streaming subscription ... :wink:
Rob P liked this
By Flyingfemme
Just binged the new series of Emily in Paris. Wouldn’t have suggested it to Mr FF! For me the humour is mostly about the American view of the French and life in Paris. The street fashion is beyond a joke.