For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyingfemme wrote:Just binged the new series of Emily in Paris. Wouldn’t have suggested it to Mr FF! For me the humour is mostly about the American view of the French and life in Paris. The street fashion is beyond a joke.

I'm just finishing off series 1 prior to jumping into series 2.

I think its highly entertaining................
By Rob P
Flyingfemme wrote:J ... Emily in Paris. Wouldn’t have suggested it to Mr FF!

I think the girl is particularly annoying, but I am told once they flesh out the Parisian characters it improves. My main beef with it is that it makes me desperate to return to Paris, and I become frustrated that we can't. :evil:

Rob P
By skydriller
ISTR there was a wee bit of fuss in Paris last year filming it - there were clashes betwixt the locals & crew as it was filmed without masks while locals had restrictions in place, with crew reportedly being "aloof" to local concerns. That was in addition to the overall displeasure at the Parisien/French cliches which are the theme of the series itself. (Though Ive not seen it, so cannot comment directly).

Regards, SD..
By Rob P
I did love her turning up for work at 8:30 and having to wait two hours until the office opened :lol:

Rob P
By Trent772
If you have sky or Sky Q you can now link Netflix to your Sky subscription for £5 a month.

Sky deal with stopping the payments etc.

You can now control Netflix directly through the Apps bit of the Sky page.
By Rob P
Trent772 wrote:If you have sky or Sky Q

No, I have this inbuilt resistance to funding The Dirty Digger. But for others this may be useful.

Rob P
Trent772, rf3flyer liked this
By GrahamB
Rob P wrote:No, I have this inbuilt resistance to funding The Dirty Digger. But for others this may be useful.

Sky has been wholly owned by Comcast since 2018.
By skydriller
We're watching "The Shaun the Sheep Movie" right now... its a hoot!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumleft:
Rob P liked this
By PeteSpencer
Flyingfemme wrote:It is wonderfully cliched. As a rosbif I didn't object to that!

Shirley the French no longer summon the waiter ….‘Garçon…………. ?’
By Rob P
Being that the story 'based on fact' of The Dig is set in East Anglia (Sutton Hoo), we watched that this afternoon. Nice enough little story and featuring Carey Mulligan, not quite so toothsome in this as she is in A Promising Young Woman.

Rob P
By PeteSpencer
Just binged Emily ser. 2

What a glorious bit of froth.

(The champagne bottle opening reminded me of the Forum Fly-in to Chateau la Chassagne way back when , when divers forumites decapitated bottles with a sword: Still got my cork somewhere......)

Both series made me pine for the streets of Paris again :MrsS and I spent large chunks of the 80s on weekend breaks there……… :roll:

Great little hotel right in the centre down behind Musee d’Orsay . Mmmmmm, I wonder…………

edit sp & stuff
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
PeteSpencer wrote:Made me pine for the streets of Paris again

That is my main issue with the show.

And how irritating the girl is.

Mrs P likes (some of) her frocks

Rob P