For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Having Amazon Prime and being totally unable to get through its decent offerings once you add on the streaming services of the broadcast companies, we have never seen any justification for having a Netflix subscription.

With what may well be a moderately restricted Christmas period coming up, we are considering taking out a Netflix sub on the 11th December and cancelling it again from the 10th January.

Is this feasible, or is cancelling a Netflix sub an act of supreme achievement battling against unequal odds?

I am well aware that the whole marketing point is that we are intended to let this slip, but if it is relatively easy then we might just manage it this time around overcoming the inertia sell.

Rob P
By JAFO
I had a Netflix account once upon a time and now don't so, whilst I can't remember the process, it must fairly straightforward for I am a dunderhead.

If anyone is thinking of paying for a Netflix account, I would advise investing your money in grass seed. This would give you just as much to watch and at least you'd have something to show for it afterwards.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We gave in to Netflix last year and kept full sub going:

Well, there's a 'Netflix' knob on the remote, so why not?

Haven't looked back: It's great for grandchildren , having exhausted Prime's rather tired (and not just kids')offerings..... :roll:
flybymike liked this
By Rob P
JAFO wrote:If anyone is thinking of paying for a Netflix account, I would advise investing your money in grass seed. This would give you just as much to watch ...

Our thinking is that we can at least watch the last two series of Lucifer (Which moved from Prime) and that should cover all the blank times in the month.

We have no interest in kiddies TV, but thanks for the feedback @PeteSpencer

Rob P
By Rob P
Yes well, that rather sums up why we will cancel in January :lol:

Rob P
JAFO liked this
By Rob P
Thanks @philjlan

Looks like we will enrol.

Rob P
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:Thanks @philjlan

Looks like we will enrol.

Rob P

:lol: Yeah, C'mon Rob, join us peasants....................
By Rob P
The thing is that for the rest of the year we don't actually get through much of the Prime output, probably because of All 4. So paying more for a service with fewer benefits and more content that we haven't the time or will to consume makes no sense. But for the next month it certainly does.. The decision was made several posts back.

Rob P
By Cessna571
It’s easy to cancel, I did it recently, you just log in online, but it goes..

Are you sure?
Are you sure you’re sure?
What about this, you never watched this?
Are you still sure?
You know we have another series of the Crown soon.
Are you still sure?
What about something new? We have loads of new things, you’ll not be able to watch it once you’re gone.
You still sure?
What about these things?
Why not stay, you can watch them.

Well, if you’re sure you’re sure, bye, remember you can come back.
Rob P liked this
By philjlan
Cessna571 wrote:It’s easy to cancel, I did it recently, you just log in online, but it goes..

Are you sure?
Are you sure you’re sure?
What about this, you never watched this?
Are you still sure?
You know we have another series of the Crown soon.
Are you still sure?
What about something new? We have loads of new things, you’ll not be able to watch it once you’re gone.
You still sure?
What about these things?
Why not stay, you can watch them.

Well, if you’re sure you’re sure, bye, remember you can come back.

Yes, I remember that and I seem to remember a barrage of emails every week to remind me of my folly. One must be determined!!! That £5.99/m WILL be otherwise deployed for a few months.
By Rob P
Noted, thanks for that.

Rob P