For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
To be totally fair to the show, it doesn't actually portray Americans in a good light either.

We still haven't got past S1E2

Rob P
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:We still haven't got past S1E2

...riveting viewing then... :wink:
By Rob P
skydriller wrote:...riveting viewing then...

The cliches are just that - so it is very predictable.

The girl is annoying.

The French are one-dimensional

But for those of us deprived of Paris for three and a half years, the familiar sights are partly comforting, partly unsettling in a time when we are excluded by reason of Covid.

It is probably worth viewing an episode or two and see how you get on.

Rob P
By PeteSpencer
Rob P wrote:To be totally fair to the show, it doesn't actually portray Americans in a good light either.

We still haven't got past S1E2

Rob P

Damning verdict on viewing only 10% of episodes :lol:
By Rob P
The Ukrainians considered just one episode sufficient.

But it isn't her portrayal that has delayed our progress to S1E3. It is the other factors I mentioned.

Rob P
By akg1486
It’s already been mentioned here by @Rob P, but another thumbs up for the star-studded satire/comedy Don’t Look Up. (Whether one likes it or not may depend on how you look at politics.)
Rob P, Pete L liked this
By Harleyatrix
There is so much good & very diversified ‘stuff’ on Netflix, (& it’s cheap at the price), that I can’t understand why anybody doesn’t want it!
By Sir Morley Steven
If it hasn’t been mentioned there is a French film set in Paris at the beginning of lockdown. It’s actually very funny. “Stuck together” is the English name.
DO NOT WATCH the Dolly Parton Christmas movie. It’s not even camp, just dire.
kanga liked this
By Rob P
Harleyatrix wrote: I can’t understand why anybody doesn’t want it!

On my month's experience it's OK, but with Terrestrial, Freeview and Prime already there's only so much haunted fishtank anyone can watch.

Having not got through all of Lucifer yet I'll take another month then bin it, but definitely pick it up again November time.

It's been a worthwhile experiment.

Rob P
By Paul_Sengupta
Harleyatrix wrote:There is so much good & very diversified ‘stuff’ on Netflix, (& it’s cheap at the price), that I can’t understand why anybody doesn’t want it!

Time. I hardly ever seem to switch the television on these days.
JAFO liked this
By kanga
Sir Morley Steven wrote:..a French film set in Paris at the beginning of lockdown. It’s actually very funny. “Stuck together” is the English name.

"8 Rue de l'Humanité"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuck_Together
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13834006/
By Colonel Panic
Just finished the Belgian courtroom drama "The Twelve" on C4's Walter Presents, and I have to say I found it excellent. It might need a bit of perseverance to get through the first episode, but it picks up quickly thereafter. Great storytelling.
kanga liked this