For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By ROG
I knew someone--PPL- who had CAPTAIN XX on his
chequebook.
I"ve met people with first names of Earl and Baron.
Did think of christening my son as Sir.
Is it legitimate to use Captain as a PPL or are there any constraints/rules on this.
Presumably if so you might be able to carry out a wedding ceremony in your cherokee once outside of UK waters ???
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I did a renewal hour a few years ago on a boiling hot day. I was dressed in a T shirt and shorts. The poor instructor was in full kit, including tie. He was visibly wilting in the heat.

I said something along the lines of "For god's sake take that tie off. I can't be doing with any of that professional bollox on a day like this".

I didn't get the impression that students often talked like that to him, but he complied remarkably quickly.
By GrahamB
Not as stupid as someone who paints ‘Wing Commander xxxxxx xxxx-xxxx, Retd.’ on the side of their microlight. :lol: :roll:

I jest not, we had one where I’m based.
Keveng, Loco parentis liked this
By Keveng
GrahamB wrote:Not as stupid as someone who paints ‘Wing Commander xxxxxx xxxx-xxxx, Retd.’ on the side of their microlight. :lol: :roll:

I jest not, we had one where I’m based.

As long as it was a Flex wing :)
Paultheparaglider liked this
By ROG
Graham B--I find that annoying--they"re not wing cos now. I must admit though that i"ve had Corporal--ex national service-retired--- put on my cherokee.
Dave like it--actually met a guy in St Lucia airport with 4 bars on each shoulder--couldn"t see his Islander or similar--finally he told me that he flew a PA 28-140.
Incidentally i"ve noticed that some of the best pilots that i"ve flown are real scruffs.
By Pete L
ROG wrote:Graham B--I find that annoying--they"re not wing cos now. I must admit though that i"ve had Corporal--ex national service-retired--- put on my cherokee.
Dave like it--actually met a guy in St Lucia airport with 4 bars on each shoulder--couldn"t see his Islander or similar--finally he told me that he flew a PA 28-140.
Incidentally i"ve noticed that some of the best pilots that i"ve flown are real scruffs.

I think that PA-28-140 was the only one on the island, wasn't it? Certainly got memories of trying to rent one in around 1999 from a chap in the local rotary (as in charitable organisation rather than dangerous flingwings) club.
By malcolmfrost
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote:You can always tell the real high hours professional pilots, they are the ones that look like a sack of spuds :D :D

oi!

When a uniform has to last 4000 hours in the seat before it gets grudgingly replaced it's not surprising :D :D
Flyin'Dutch' liked this