For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
While I espoused the sixties, my interest in music has carried on with equal enthusiasm through the seventies( Status Quo, T Rex, E John) and eighties (Electro-pop , OMD,) nineties and to the present day.

During my laboured climb up the professional training ladder, our frequent house moves (9 in 15 years) often right across the country and back again later are still remembered by the music of the day.

Having climbed the ladder and having now been in the same place for well over thirty years, these music 'phases' have blurred somewhat.

In fact the only music I can't stand is gabbling funky 'rap' cr ap, where everybody wears their trousers round their knees and their baseball hats on backwards.

But I wake up to Classic FM and think Scala Radio is the D's Bs.

Peter
We recently discovered Boom Radio which I think is a fairly new arrival courtesy of the internet. As I understand it the various DJs broadcast from their own homes, at least one of whom is not in the UK. Unlike many of the “Gold” stations playing pretty much the same limited playlist on a loop, Boom plays songs that I haven’t heard for ages and some I had entirely forgotten. Fans of 1960s music would do well to at least give it a try.

PW
By PeteSpencer
Propwash wrote:We recently discovered Boom Radio which I think is a fairly new arrival courtesy of the internet. As I understand it the various DJs broadcast from their own homes, at least one of whom is not in the UK. Unlike many of the “Gold” stations playing pretty much the same limited playlist on a loop, Boom plays songs that I haven’t heard for ages and some I had entirely forgotten. Fans of 1960s music would do well to at least give it a try.

PW

Thanks for the heads up PW

Never heard of Boom Radio before .

Currently Beatles special just starting :lol:
Propwash liked this
Well, none of it's as good as Felixstowe Radio. I guess I could feel that way because I was on Rob Dunger's show just after the midday news today.

1 hour 13 minutes into this https://player.happyhits.co.uk/public/felixstoweradio/ondemand/friday/1100/

I am now world famous in Felixstowe or have I just done that clickbait thing that @OCB was talking about?
Last edited by JAFO on Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave W liked this
By PeteSpencer
All I got when I clicked on that link was some random woman sitting in for and apologising for Mr Dunger's absence and saying she was going to talk about wimmin's stuff...............

Which she then did..........

I switched back to Boom Radio :thumleft:
By JAFO
PeteSpencer wrote:All I got when I clicked on that link was some random woman sitting in for and apologising for Mr Dunger's absence and saying she was going to talk about wimmin's stuff...............

I did say it was at the one hour thirteen point. I have gone back and made that bold now. :thumleft:
By T6Harvard
JAFO wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:All I got when I clicked on that link was some random woman sitting in for and apologising for Mr Dunger's absence and saying she was going to talk about wimmin's stuff...............

I did say it was at the one hour thirteen point. I have gone back and made that bold now. :thumleft:

Oh come on @PeteSpencer, even I found it from JAFO's clue and my Nav is rubbish :lol:
By JAFO
It was the most incredible two and a half hours of TV ever. To feel like you're there as Lennon and McCartney and George Harrison create songs. The bit where Get Back just grew and evolved from nothing moved me to tears. Amazing.
By PeteSpencer
JAFO wrote:It was the most incredible two and a half hours of TV ever. To feel like you're there as Lennon and McCartney and George Harrison create songs. The bit where Get Back just grew and evolved from nothing moved me to tears. Amazing.

What channel is it on ?