For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob L wrote:
mick w wrote:Then why say it directly after the Recipe :?

Read before it.

I'm sorry I wasted my breath :|

Apology accepted Rob ,I think maybe some of your pedanticism has rubbed off on me :lol:
By Propwash
With apologies to Rob L who didn’t want this be a foodie thread apparently:

This was Sunday breakfast at the nearest cafe local to where we currently are -

It was delicious. :thumleft:

PW
By Propwash
Miscellaneous wrote:
Propwash wrote:It was delicious. :thumleft:

Was it Black Friday discounted? :wink:

No. But it did cost less than I would pay just for the components in England. :wink:

PW
By eltonioni
Our Amazon shopping basket has loads of things in it that might be bought some day. Black Friday usually sees a few bargains so the button is pushed.

Our shopping basket never has black pudding innit.

Side note; isn't black pudding consumption a bit of a middle class thing these days? I hear that Waitrose and M&S sell more than all other retailers combined with Caramel Spiced Negra Rustique being the top seller in Cheshire.
Last edited by eltonioni on Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Bill McCarthy
The old fashioned black puddings are hard to find these days - the ones done in pig gut skin. How you can eat that stuff down south with the chunks of fat in it is beyond me - it’s pearl barley here, and spicy. Better done to a crisp too. White pudding is too mealy for me.
By lobstaboy
It's probably time to do haggis as well, as Bill has commented.
Best haggis I ever had was for breakfast in a hotel in Dundee - slices fried like you would black pudding. With wilted spinach and poached egg.
Gourmet stuff given it was the 1980s.
By Pete L
Late convert to haggis, but still not had it other than on Burns Night.

Still think the whole meal was designed for folk with none of their ain teeth. But that might be part of the historical point.
By TheKentishFledgling
We're (hopefully) six weeks or so away from moving back home post house-fire in the summer. Having had to replace literally everything that we owned that was in the house, black Friday has been something I've looked forward to this year like never before. Be it boring stuff like hoovers, or more fun stuff like TVs and sound systems, there really are some decent savings to be made and not with just the big online retailers.

The only problem is storing all the stuff until we get back home - I'm on the verge of renting a storage unit and billing it to the insurance company!
By Rob P
I worked a Peugeot gig in Dundee a couple of years back.

The shopping mall had a coin-op black pudding dispenser.

Rob P