For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Ridders
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
OCB wrote:I'm asking cos the list of "compatible" Android devices - especially tablet sized - is very limited. I basically don't want to spend any more than I have to (ideally around 100 eur, 2nd hand/refurb is fine) - as the device will mainly be used for storing and referring to workshop manuals and schematics, and for using the FLIR.

Out of curiosity - when you say wildly out at the high end, is that with the FLIR (max 120oC) or the FLIR Pro (max 400oC).

Indeed, my first "fun " task will be to go around the house and hunting where my heating goes!
ok.. it’s one of these, I suspect not a pro unit, which likely explains the inaccurate readings!

This thing is attached to a Motorola g5s plus (XT1805) that I had kicking about and seems to work fine. It’s a few years old.
Argh I can’t get the image to upload because forum limits 3000 pixels wide images and i give up trying to resize it.

It’s good fun using round the house, I found the loft hatch needed extra insulation… 8)