For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Trent772
Wow....

England beat South Africa.....

The barbecued Rib Eye was sublime.....

The Wolf Blass Cabernet seemed most adequate...

Then the dog started pointing at the door.

Moon was out, we took said glass of Cabernet around the paddock in the moonlight. Atkinson Grimshaw (Google) would have veritably frothed his pantaloons at the sight. A stunning evening, calm, cool, moonlit and quite sublime.

Normal service will now resume :mrgreen:
mick w, Rob P liked this
By OCB
'twas a lovely moonlight night indeed.

One of the sprogs noticed the just waning moon last night, although she's that short she actually thought I was talking about a star that was in her FOV... :oops: Once I lifted her up higher, she saw the lovely near(ish) dark expanse behind our property lit up by the moon at this time of year.

Yes, it is bliddy cold. No, I have no interest in dragging the telescope out at this time of year - but it is still a sight to pause and admire.

Ideally, fire up a pit fire and sing songs or whatever - but the locals here where I am can't deal with anything below double digits....
By Charles Hunt
A le Ron wrote:Always been an Atkinson Grimshaw fan

I have a moonlight of Scarborough by my maternal great grandfather, similar style to Grimshaw.