For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I know £3800 is an eye-watering amount of money but it is a staggeringly powerful bit of kit.

It's just insane what it's capable of.

I'm in a similar boat - I have a 2014 MBP and have been waiting for these new machines. They lost their way briefly, but I think this is a fully blown return to form.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Pete L wrote:Late to this, but what is a careful Dutchman doing buying Apple products :D

Because it is about value rather than cost in itself.

When I don't stick my thumb through a screen I do totally wear the laptops out, ready for the bin.

Hate to think the amount of hard work has gone into them by then. Definitely had my money's worth of them then.

And don't forget that I know nothing about computers and with Apple is my experience that it most of the time just does what it is supposed to do. And when my existence was subsidised by doing a ton of medicals in a variety of clinics I never ever had a problem with a local computer issue - CAA system yes but nothing local.
Colonel Panic liked this
stevelup wrote:I think I'll just be going for the entry level (if £2.4k can ever be called that) 16"

Have you splashed out yet? There has been a bit of a shortage of certain models of late. I eventually opted for the first to come in to stock at John Lewis and that happened to be the 1TB M1 Pro. Given it is coming up to Christmas and we are off for a few days I opted to collect it from the Glasgow shop. So it won't be until I get home after Xmas until I have an opportunity to play with it and see just how well it handles editing. I plan on buying FCP as an upgrade to iMovie for easier editing of 360.