For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Sooty25
OCB wrote:
If it takes Visa 4.5% of an incredibly simple online banking transaction that takes picoseconds, and are cross checked and verification that takes microseconds- then I honestly don’t blame Amazon for kicking off.

I'm not sure I understand this correctly, are you saying Visa charge Amazon 4.5% transaction fee?
Colonel Panic wrote:I received an email from Amazon this morning, advising me that they would stop accepting VISA credit cards in January. I thought this must be spam, but apparently it is true. No doubt a bit of sabre rattling at this stage, but a fairly heavy move if it actually happens ...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... hnology-vp

Looks like it was a classic case of sabre rattling after all.

The expected change regarding the use of Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk will no longer take place on January 19. We are working closely with Visa on a potential solution that will enable customers to continue using their Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Seems to have blown over after I got an amazon card. :lol:

Tbh having all my Amazon stuff on a separate card is probably useful for seeing at a glance how much stuff I buy (less than historically but probably too much still!)

Interfering with the aeroplane fund! :cyclopsani:
Rob P liked this
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Assuming you have Prime, you get 3 points on the Amazon Mastercard for every £2 you spend in Amazon. 1000 points = £10 gift card.
So you need to spend £666.67 on Amazon for a £10 gift card. Not sure that it is worth the effort for 1.5% return (plus the £20 signup gift card)? I guess every penny helps...
Colonel Panic wrote:
Looks like it was a classic case of sabre rattling after all.

The expected change regarding the use of Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk will no longer take place on January 19. We are working closely with Visa on a potential solution that will enable customers to continue using their Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk

As a follow up:

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking ... fees%C2%A0