For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Sooty25
Oh the irony of it. If Amazon actually accounted for its UK sales within the UK, it would pay competitive rates on UK issued cards! Running it's business from Luxembourg has huge tax advantages that us small fry can't access, and now it's bitching because it doesn't get UK rates on credit cards.

My business accepts credit/debit cards here in the UK, and guess what, the lowest rate credit card fees are on Visa and Mastercard issued in the UK. I dare say I'm already paying more than Amazon.
Amazon is a company driven solely by profit. To exclude payment by one of the two most common cards used by its UK customers seems to a self-defeating policy. Something tells me it won’t happen. :wink:

Sitting by a pool at the villa in 26degrees of sunshine I am finding it difficult to care much either way. :lol: almost time for a G&T. :thumleft:

PW
Rob P, skydriller, MikeE and 2 others liked this
By Dodo
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The Amazon credit card, if you can be bothered to negotiate the Byzantine complexity of signing up, gets free Amazon gift cards of non trivial value. I only use it on the Amazon website.

I always pay off my credit cards in full at the end of the month by direct debit, so I'm not worried about the eye watering interest rate, and by choice use credit cards rather than debit cards for enhanced protection so it seems to be a winner. Perhaps I'm missing something.
johnm, AndyR liked this
By Rob P
Propwash wrote:... I am finding it difficult to care much either way. :lol: almost time for a G&T.

Much my reaction to this and John's ranty post of this morning. :thumleft: And I haven't even got the excuse of a pool and 26 degrees.

Rob P
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I only ever buy at Amazon as a last resort, as I have mentioned before, and like @Rob P they only see my Paypal account. I use credit cards like @Dodo for similar reasons
Dodo, Rob P, Flyin'Dutch' liked this