For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By flyingearly
lobstaboy wrote:
Rob P wrote:... does not involve rubber gloves or lubricant.

Rob P

Spoil sport!

@flyingearly another thought - does the urge to pee fade a bit once the aircraft is on the ground, or are you leaping out and having to pee next to the tailplane on the grass?
As you say, it's probably your mind playing tricks.

The urge to pee is sufficient that when I'm on the ground, I'll hunt the loo out first before coming back to put the aircraft to bed. Not quite peeing on the tailplane, but my prioritisation is urination (as they say).

Incidentally, I've just read that male urine keeps badgers away from your (literal) vegetables, which is a handy tip if you like to grow sweetcorn (like I do).
By JAFO
flyingearly wrote:Incidentally, I've just read that male urine keeps badgers away from your (literal) vegetables, which is a handy tip if you like to grow sweetcorn (like I do).

Yeah, sweetcorn that tastes of p i s s
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote:
flyingearly wrote:Incidentally, I've just read that male urine keeps badgers away from your (literal) vegetables, which is a handy tip if you like to grow sweetcorn (like I do).

Yeah, sweetcorn that tastes of p i s s

Corn on the K-ob :wink:
seanxair, StratoTramp liked this
By Sir Morley Steven
Tea does me in. If I have a long flight its no tea before flight, minimum liquids before take off and liquids when necessary during the flight.

Recently did a 5 hour flight to Cannes, should have been just over 4 but head wind increased it. Made it but really needed a wee!
StratoTramp liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
Tea makes me pee too. (P2? Pitot?)

Anyway, coffee varies. Sometimes it has no effect if my normal body water storage is on an even keel. However if my body has stored up water (usually after alcohol the night before), sometimes drinking coffee will pull the plug and I'll be in the loo every 45 minutes. Drinking a large bucket of coffee generally has the same effect as drinking a large bucket of water though. How much water comes out through my skin makes a big difference as well, probably more than just the volume which comes out, as my body seems to figure that if I'm having to sweat, it doesn't need to send any water to my bladder. The next cool day or day when I'm not exerting myself, my body decides, "Ok, I can get rid of all this excess water now" and then I'm back and fore to the loo again.

Just my personal observation!
By PeteSpencer
Sir Morley Steven wrote:Recently did a 5 hour flight to Cannes, should have been just over 4 but head wind increased it. Made it but really needed a wee!

Women wee, men pee;

(It's onomatopoeic...see what I did there..) :lol:

Except in USA where you will hear members of the female persuasion say ‘ I gotta go pee,..,.’ :roll:
By Milty
Wow, another interesting topic that I'd never have expected to see on a flying forum (well, the slight thread drift anyway). If you can't beat 'em...

I'm 47 and have a squirrels bladder - although I think it is often psychological as if you can't go when you need to, it's often surprising how long you can hold on. Barely been in the air for more than 90 mins so been OK so far.

All good advice on the medical side of things though - better safe than sorry. Just be aware, at a recent medical, I was already nervous as I noticed that the doctor had hands like Pat Jennings (big for those who don't get the reference). Clearly aware of my nervous disposition, at the start of the procedure, he placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder. All was proceeding well until I felt his second hand as well :shock:

I'm off for a pee now - told you, it's all psychological.
By Bill McCarthy
Milt - did you say to the doc “ be gentle with me” :lol:
We don’t have urinals back aft on boats - if you’re bursting at 02.00 during the middle watch, you have to phone for’d and get someone woken up to come and take over.
We did have a makeshift pee tank on Dreadnought that used to cake up with calcium from the bones (due to high co2 levels and other nasties) which had to isolated, then blown overboard using 400psi air. On one occasion we decided to clear the calcium as it was causing the urinal shut off valve to leak, thus getting a bit of blowback. We used a cocktail of 6n sulphuric and nitric acid from the boiler test station to dissolve it. As soon as it hit the tank it started to hiss loudly and it was a dodgy operation shutting off the valves and opening others to sea. The tank didn’t need 400psi air - it blew itself.
The tank was called Hammersleys folly in tribute to the officer who had the “modification” approved.
MikeE, Milty liked this
By oldbiggincfi
Buy yourself a plumbing plastic 40mm ,90deg bend .
Elastic band a polythene sandwich bag to one end .
( carry extra bands and bags )
Get comfortable , select and insert jimmy , hold firm and pee.
Johny Knot polythene bag.
Store bag and contents in the D VUE window .

Repeat operation as necessary .
By Flyingfemme
Dh tells me that quart oil bottles are perfect - and often lying around the aircraft. Apparently it's the parger aperture that makes them better than other bottles :roll: :lol:
seanxair, kanga liked this
By seanxair
Comfort Fabric Conditioner bottles are good too. Wide aperture, a 'drip lip' and of course deep enough to preclude bruising from contact with the bottom :lol:
Flyingfemme liked this
By Paultheparaglider
Just take extra precautions when peeing into bottles in open cockpits. That BernoulIi chappy knew his onions when it comes to fluid dynamics.

I speak from experience. :wink:
By PeteSpencer
seanxair wrote:Comfort Fabric Conditioner bottles are good too. Wide aperture, a 'drip lip' and of course deep enough to preclude bruising from contact with the bottom :lol:

Boasting again, eh?
seanxair liked this