For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By kanga
Rob P wrote:..

Ah Jazzer who made a miracle recovery from being irreparably damaged by ketamine abuse a couple of decades back and is now the resident comedy scots bloke?

How is Kirsty standing up to all this? Has she lined up her sights on the next unsuitable boyfriend yet? I have always held that she and stabby Helen, both adept at choosing bad 'uns, would make the ideal, first, Ambridge Sapphic couple.

Rob P

<with apologies to Forumites who are not Ambridge Addicts :oops: >

Jazzer is now more serious, being an 'item' with Tracy Horrobin (also more serious) although now living with the Prof and Alastair

Helen (and martial arts teacher bf, and her 2 boys) is now living at the new build house bought by Philip for himself and Kirsty, transferred by him to Kirsty's sole name before he was convicted. Not much heard from Kirsty for a while.
Rob P liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
lobstaboy wrote:Politicians are perfectly happy when the interviewer loses their cool.

The interviewer I mentioned did not lose his cool: He was just ‘kin rude .

It was pulled from the six o’clock news .
By Rob L
I've stopped watching BBC TV, and am not too much of a fan of BBC Radio (apart from Ken Bruce).

The BBC seem to over-promote gay and/or overtly camp male presenters in radio these days.
Robin500 liked this
By Jim Jones
Rob L wrote:I've stopped watching BBC TV, and am not too much of a fan of BBC Radio (apart from Ken Bruce).

The BBC seem to over-promote gay and/or overtly camp male presenters in radio these days.

Over promote?
Depends on your personal social network .
kanga liked this
By johnm
The interviewer I mentioned did not lose his cool: He was just ‘kin rude .

Actually quite polite compared to what I shouted at the tele :lol:
By Rob P
I am not totally certain he can write, so it probably doesn't matter much

Rob P
By skydriller
StratoTramp wrote:More BBC pushing an agenda. Whining about coal... It's for steel.

https://order-order.com/2021/11/01/bbc- ... coal-mine/

This website does not have any way to decline cookies or trackers etc.
None. No option at all, not even one that takes ages to decline each individual cookie. Accept or dont visit.... ok, I wont visit then - simples!!

(Is this actually allowed in Europe?)
Newfy liked this
By johnm
Guido’s site is mostly distinctly unedifying nonsense so you won’t be missing much
By StratoTramp
johnm wrote:Guido’s site is mostly distinctly unedifying nonsense so you won’t be missing much

That's your opinion. They are very good at pointing out "expert activists" though and finding connections behind the scenes.

They are the main reason why the BBC now mostly (sometimes) reveals the background of the person they are interviewing. Because they have been caught out so many times. Also there new 10 step plan to reduce bias. On top of the old Mattlis Twitter edict.

It's important on national media to understand people's agendas so you can calibrate how much credence to give what they say and balance.

@skydriller

Copy of text, it's not that bad to be honest. Just more of the same from our factual national broadcaster, and attempts of gotcha...

'The BBC’s climate editor Justin Rowlatt lost his cool interviewing Boris this morning, as he tried pointing out the discrepancy between the PM’s words on phasing out coal and the UK building a new coal mine. Rowlatt ended up yelling at Boris:

“…at the same time as not ruling out a new coal mine in Britain – a new coal mine in Britain! We started the industrial revolution, we should close the mines!”

He did manage to stop himself just short of overtly calling the PM a hypocrite at one point, so one headache avoided for the BBC…

Incidentally the proposed coal mine is not for energy production – which would be against the government’s Net Zero policy – it is for steel production. If the coking coal produced isn’t extracted in the UK it will have to be imported – generating far more pollution. Likewise, if steel is not manufactured in the UK it will need to be imported – generating far more pollution. The UK coal plant will also be far more environmentally sensitive than the alternative. If Britain is to level up and remain an industrial manufacturer, it is an essential resource…

UPDATE: A co-conspirator rightly points out that Justin Rowlatt’s sister, Cordelia, is a twice-arrested Insulate Britain activist whose name even appears on a National Highways injunction for her repeated protests. Surprise, surprise.'
Last edited by StratoTramp on Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Paultheparaglider
skydriller wrote:
This website does not have any way to decline cookies or trackers etc.
None. No option at all, not even one that takes ages to decline each individual cookie. Accept or dont visit.... ok, I wont visit then - simples!!

(Is this actually allowed in Europe?)

This seems to be becoming quite common. I think the argument is that you can disable cookies in your browser so you still have the option. Unfortunately, doing that also disables cookies from sites where you actually want them - like this one for instance.

Like you, I rarely visit such sites that do this.
By Flyin'Dutch'
StratoTramp wrote:
UPDATE: A co-conspirator rightly points out that Justin Rowlatt’s sister, Cordelia, is a twice-arrested Insulate Britain activist whose name even appears on a National Highways injunction for her repeated protests. Surprise, surprise.'

The Royal Family might not thank you for suggesting that a blood line connection means that people are birds of a feather......
By StratoTramp
He's Climate Editor, close enough. Almost a conflict of interest if you ask me. Especially on any IB stories.
Last edited by StratoTramp on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Bill McCarthy
Strange too that I was about to make a first ever complaint to the BBC yesterday morning - about Kuenessberg’s question to Boris at a post Rome meeting. She always comes over as contemptuous and mocking, speaking from the corner of her mouth. I guess it was to impress the other reporters there present.