For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
johnm wrote:Sounds like cause for applause rather than complaint :-) I like to see politicos poked in the eye it's good for them. :D
:

Ah ,I see, the same kind of uncontained emotion that gets them stabbed or shot, eh @ :wink:
By PeteSpencer
Bill McCarthy wrote:Strange too that I was about to make a first ever complaint to the BBC yesterday morning - about Kuenessberg’s question to Boris at a post Rome meeting. She always comes over as contemptuous and mocking, speaking from the corner of her mouth. I guess it was to impress the other reporters there present.

Today’s DT picked up on yesterday’s Rowlatt interview with a ‘Watch your Manners’ strap line so I guess I wasn’t alone .

The interview seems to have been buried . :lol:

I remember the loud collective indrawing of breath from a 2000 strong press conference audience in Moscow a year ago when Steve Rosenberg BBC Moscow correspondent stood up and asked Putin a pretty near the mark Ukrain- based question.

He’s still broadcasting so he must have got home safely . One of his female journalist colleagues was booted out last year .
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
StratoTramp liked this
By johnm
Ah ,I see, the same kind of uncontained emotion that gets them stabbed or shot, eh @ :wink:

I allow that's a touch extreme, but they really shouldn't be treated with respect unless they're honest, then they can be treated like useful servants :wink:
By PeteSpencer
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:
The interview seems to have been buried . :lol:

Zero points for searching prowess:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59114871

I was referring to National Broadcast : reporting online or in newspapers is second hand reported speech ,necessary to highlight Rowlatt’s insouciance. :wink:
By johnm
@PeteSpencer If you think broadcast Radio and TV are mainstream you are SSSOOOOO old fashioned, they'll both be gone within a decade :-)
By Trent772
PeteSpencer wrote:I have just done something that I have never done in my life before:
I have complained to the BBC:

About an interview broadcast on BBC TV News at One today,(1.11.21)by Justin Rowlatt of the Prime Minister at COP26.:

I've never witnesses such a rude combative shouty interruptive interview, terminating in calling the PM 'weasley'.

(PS As I near the end of my eighth decade, please be aware that any of the expected forumite abuse/smart-ar-situde this post inevitably will produce will slither off my teflon coated back and be ignored) :lol:

Saw it and was equally appalled. Same chap did a good piece with Charlie Boy recently, so perhaps he was just following the std BBC rhetoric.

Meanwhile, we are now assured that Boris will fly back to London in a private jet powered by 'sustainable fuel'. Can we get alert on FR24 to track this wonderplane :clown:
By johnm
Meanwhile, we are now assured that Boris will fly back to London in a private jet powered by 'sustainable fuel'. Can we get alert on FR24 to track this wonderplane :clown:

Oxford have pioneered a process where paraffin wax can be hit with microwaves to produce hydrogen which is then combined with CO to produce aviation fuel. That said my money is on Boris flying back on used chip oil :D
By Flyin'Dutch'
PeteSpencer wrote:I have just done something that I have never done in my life before:
I have complained to the BBC:

About an interview broadcast on BBC TV News at One today,(1.11.21)by Justin Rowlatt of the Prime Minister at COP26.:

I've never witnesses such a rude combative shouty interruptive interview, terminating in calling the PM 'weasley'.

Now whatever your politics, the Prime minister of any country is due some respect.

And my complaint will be ignored................................

I thought it was a good interview holding Johnson to account.

More please.

Keep us posted on the progress of your complaint; trust you started with 'as a lifetime payer of the BBC licence fee'

:thumright: :thumleft:
By Rob P
... to account for what?

:scratch :

Rob P
StratoTramp liked this
By PeteSpencer
This thread reminds me of me and Mrs S with another couple sitting at a table fof 4 in the pub:

Girls opposite each other, boys also:

Each pair talking loudly (above the music) to each other, but on entirely different topics................. :lol:
By PeteSpencer
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
Keep us posted on the progress of your complaint; trust you started with 'as a lifetime payer of the BBC licence fee'

:thumright: :thumleft:

Sorry to disappoint you...................... :roll:

Nobbed off from Bury.
By PeteSpencer
And another thing :

I find it a little disingenuous of the press to publish pictures of world leaders with their eyes closed:

Biden yesterday, Boris today .

Presumably to score a few cheap laughs and heap on more disrespect and scorn.

People blink FFS : it’s dead easy with modern cameras, even phones, to take a burst of shots and catch anyone mid-blink with eyes closed .

Perhaps they should line up all 200 delegates and take burst shots of them all then publish a full page spread ‘eyes closed’ in the papers so we can all have cheap laugh.

Then the press/media can get on with covering COP26 accurately and respectfully. :roll:
Rob L, kanga, MikeE liked this
By StratoTramp
Biden legit had to be poked by one of his staff.

Still can't blame him. if I was there I'd be asleep. :thumleft: The world has been ending for all time. So much hyperbole. It's just a bit boring.

BBC had wall to wall cop26 coverage on website yesterday. Not one climate story appeared in their top 10 read. People are more worried about paying the bills next week. Whereas only rich spoilt children can worry about 2050.

Change the record. :lol: