For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Genghis the Engineer
Apologies if this has been discussed before and I missed the the discussion, but I've just discovered on ITVplayer a serial called "Departure", a 6 parter based upon a mid-Atlantic disappearance of a fictional British airliner, in reality lots of material from some recent accidents and incidents.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9252156/

I've watched the first three episodes, and there are a few things to dislike: no real investigation takes the risks with either investigators or victims that these do, and whilst the use of a fictional investigating agency is reasonable, I don't believe any aviation organisation in the world exists without pictures and models of aeroplanes all over the walls :roll:

Anyhow, it's out there, apparently was first shown about 2 years ago but I didn't see it - it's not bad at-all, in terms of the drama, and the aviation technical aspects.

Just thought I'd mention it.

G
Rob P liked this
By Flyingfemme
It was first shown in Canada, I believe. Only available by streaming in the UK. I saw it then and quite enjoyed it - but I mainly watched because one of my relatives was in it.