For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
On the day that Macron has threatened to block UK membership of the European Research Programme over the fisheries dispute, I was very amused to read Ex French President Francois Hollande in his autobiography describing Macron as ‘‘leaping from belief to belief l like a frog on lilies on a pond .’

Well it made me larf .

Mods pls leave it up for others to raise a smile before exercising the ‘politics’ donk

Or can I classify it as ‘literature’ please? :lol:
skydriller, tr7v8 liked this
By skydriller
That did make me giggle :lol:

Worth remembering that Francois Hollande barely won the Presidency with 51% of the vote in the run-off against Sarkozy. He decided not to run for a second term and left the presidency as the most unpopular president of the Fifth Republic...

(It is wiidely believed that if the financial crisis had not hit while Sarkozy was president, then he would have won the second term and France would be quite different today)

Regards, SD..
By johnm
There are few politicians without flaws irrespective of nationality.

We were leading players in the Horizon 2020 programme and are still involved in the last knockings of its various projects.

We no longer participate in Horizon as of right but there is a mechanism for third countries to join as associates. We are on that list. I am not aware that participation can be vetoed but it can be restricted so that some key projects are not accessible and I expect that if the French sought to inflict that on the UK they would get a fair degree of co-operation from others.
By GrahamB
And there was I thinking this thread was going to be another @PeteSpencer treatise on The Sun. :(
By Sooty25
I was hoping this was going to explain how I could swap the junk at the back of my hangar for..... :wink: