For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Advice: Go see it!

OK, it's the usual Bond hokum, but done superbly and offers two and a half hours of solid entertainment for less than the price of one landing fee at Fenland (or somewhere). We went yesterday and were happy with the distancing (Ely-Cineworld)

Craig is his usual 'best Bond ever', Seydoux is gorgeous* in a very 'real world' way. 'Paloma' is a hoot, the villains are suitably villainous, the locations are hugely enjoyable on the large screen. Quite good if you like Aston Martins of all vintages too.

I can't imagine the next in the series can match up. Don't miss this one.

Rob P

*If you have never seen Blue Is The Warmest Colour you have missed a real treat.
OCB, MikeB liked this
By OCB
I saw it with the family and one of the sprogs friends - which meant it was in French.

The first time Bond spoke - I laughed out loud, and got a nasty glare from the missus!

If I had been given a choice, I wouldn’t have gone to watch it in French - but I wasn’t given the choice.

I will have to watch it again in English of course!

Definitely a “must” to see it in the cinema.

Kids thoroughly enjoyed it, and were talking about it for days after.

It does have its obviously “woke” elements- but it’s still Bond. I guess all Bond films have elements of the time they were filmed - and this is no different.

I now have the task of finding all the films, and we’ll try to watch one per weekend (in English!) over the winter. :thumright:

I’ll be curious to know what the kids think of each one, and then finally what their favourites are!
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
OCB wrote:I saw it with the family and one of the sprogs friends - which meant it was in French.
The first time Bond spoke - I laughed out loud, and got a nasty glare from the missus!
If I had been given a choice, I wouldn’t have gone to watch it in French - but I wasn’t given the choice.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I sooooo know where you are coming from :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont know who gets to choose dubbing actors in France, but lets just say I sometimes wonder if it isnt a Brit with a wicked sense of humour, that deliberately chooses actors that do NOT sound anything like the original actor when they speak... and chooses for inappropriate comic effect... :lol:

I only once watched a dubbed movie with French friends - never again !!

Regards, SD..
By TheFarmer
Conversely, I found the first third great, the middle third rather slow and dull, and the last third great, too.

Mrs Farmer fell asleep in the second third, so therefore thinks the whole film was great. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

:D
Pete L liked this
By skydriller
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Saw it last week with some friends and it was dubbed in German; despite that (the dubbing) it was a pleasurable experience. Can recommend.

Now you see its interesting you say that, because my Partner/GF, who lived in Germany for quite a while, says that Germany isnt like France : The dubbing is much better than France, they try to find dubbing actors that actually sound like the real actor and that the same guy always dubs the same actor... :)
By OCB
Rob P wrote:It was an amazing dress :shock:

The back is pretty stunning too.

Rob P

@Rob P - didn’t realise you had such a passion for fashion .

Are you dropping hints you want that dress for Christmas or summit? :wink:
OCB wrote:
I now have the task of finding all the films, and we’ll try to watch one per weekend (in English!) over the winter. :thumright:

I’ll be curious to know what the kids think of each one, and then finally what their favourites are!

I have a box set of DVDs of every Bond film going back to the first, Dr No, to the last. I haven’t seen this one yet. It is fascinating to watch the progress of Bond through the decades, his response to social moods, the changing nature of the threats he faces (and the source of them), the casts reflecting demographic changes etc, etc,

Last winter we watched them back to back over a couple of weeks and whilst some were very dated most have stood the passage of time pretty well. Craig will be a very hard act to follow (imho).

PW