For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By OCB
@Propwash

Any fun nostalgia when going through the films?

Bond was such a holiday season telly institution BITD - I’m not really sure my Netflix sprogs will even have a clue what I’m talking about!
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Jim Jones wrote:What’s the betting the next Bond will be a reboot set in 1962.?
(The Star Trek film series did this quite well, with the crew in Starfleet Academy. )

That is not a bad idea... but I wonder how they would do the gadgets?
Many of the 60's & 70s gadgets, everyone now has on their phone anyway.

Regards, SD..
A prequel?

What Bond did in the Navy to get recruited into the secret squirrel world.

Bond in retirement, solving the mystery of disappearing Rich Tea biscuits in the twilight home, and saving matron from a plot to kidnap her?

Paloma's three weeks training course?

The latter gets my vote.

Rob P
kanga, OCB liked this
OCB wrote:@Propwash

Any fun nostalgia when going through the films?

The clothes in some of the Roger Moore films bring back memories of the embarrassing fashions that were once popular. :lol:

A fun thing to do if you do buy the box set is trying to spot some of the then unknown faces amongst the inevitable bevy of beautiful female extras who went on to become familiar in their own right. The franchise almost seems to have been a passage of rite for many people.

PW
It appears nearly all the Bonds are available on Prime. We just watched Spectre at the mammoth cost of £3.49

I would actually suggest that anyone who hasn't yet seen the latest iteration does watch Spectre as a refresher beforehand. It all makes a lot more sense then.

No blue dresses were involved in the making of Spectre

Rob P
The bird in the blue dress played Joi in Blade Runner 2049. Equally dazzling in that :thumleft:

We saw Bond at an Everyman - big sofa's, glass of red. Thoroughly enjoyed it even though it was long.

Didn't need the reference about Q - unnecessary to the whole plot.

What is the next one going to be called - Jim Bond :lol: :lol:
Influenced by a double dose of Bond this week I did order a Vodka Martini at the restaurant last night. I haven't a clue whether it was shaken, stirred or tumbled in a washing machine, nor do I actually care.

I thought it a waste of perfectly good vodka frankly.

Rob P
Used to visit a gadge in Compton - yep - that Compton, who was building an RV7. He was a grown up at Sketchers shoes, super nice chap.

Anyhow, did a night stop at his (nice side of the town - no gunfire) and took a bottle of Grey Goose as he said he was a whizz with Martinis.

We dined locally at what I can only describe as a Japanese Tapas place, we were the only big noses in the place !

Stunning food.

Then he started making dirty Martinis.......

I think I passed out at 0200, the bar steward was up and gone by 0800 and left me breakfast pancakes.

So much for Aircrew being RockanRoll........ :clown:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this