For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
OCB wrote:
mick w wrote:But that's a 24 mm , and you asked for a 10 :wink: :roll:

The dog is clearly playing the age old joke about “left handed ratchet”….

Heh... Fetch me a long stand.

In honesty I fell for the above as a wee innocent apprentice :roll: :lol:
By Paul_Sengupta
ChrisRowland wrote:Take up gliding, after you have helped rig 3 gliders, pushed a dozen or so about the airfield, then derigged a different three gliders there's no need - or time to go to the gym.

Or indeed to go flying...
By Paultheparaglider
PeteSpencer wrote:knowing she was the subject of 'Brown Sugar',the recent Stones' woke cleaning up act had me dig out the album and listen to the words. (I never listen to words).

I suspect you may also like the Kenny Everett / Hot Gossip video. Not woke in the least. Select the watch on you tube link.

By StratoTramp
I set myself a goal in 2021 of filling in the area within the A6, A421, A1M & A414. Painting by (road) numbers.

This is how I have done so far (Running heat map), the runs outside the boundary probably didn't help towards the goal! RAF Tempsford is the one that looks like a beer jug top off centre right.

Few runs left I suppose this month... did the backwards C shaped one this morning (10k), around and under a windfarm near Biggleswade. A lot of the left over stuff are boring urban bits. Can go do the Nicky line Harpenden > Redbourne next maybe. that will do a bit more of the southern area.

Ironically I'm still in the worst shape I have ever been.

"All time" map here... So much of the planet left to cover :lol:

The long line from Birmingham (actually Meriden) was an ultra when I wasn't fat in 2016.
The little bit in wales is Coed y Brenin Trail marthon wales, from when I wasn't fat in 2013 :lol:

These 3 are near the matterhorn (Zermatt), one of the old ultraks routes (before I was fat in 2017?)
Always liked being high up!

By lobstaboy
I once did some work with a company refurbishing the flood defences between Swinefleet and Ousefleet. It has to be one of the most Godforsaken parts of the country I've ever been to - better off flooded tbh.
By eltonioni
lobstaboy wrote:I once did some work with a company refurbishing the flood defences between Swinefleet and Ousefleet. It has to be one of the most Godforsaken parts of the country I've ever been to - better off flooded tbh.

I take it you've not been to Fenland?
By kanga
In slight but more complimentary (I think) echo of Gloucestershire eccentricity which is the subject of another current Thread, there is this local cyclist who likes drawing patterns with his routes. These probably require more planning as well as much more physical effort than doing the equivalent on FR24 or SD :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59288803
Paultheparaglider liked this