For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Loco parentis
Not having ready access to mains, I'm looking for a 12v car vacuum cleaner with as much suck as 12v will permit. Can anyone - perhaps from personal experience - recommend such ?

I can shovel all the empty cans and assorted sandwich wrapper debris into the rear passenger footwell , it's the detritus with a particle size down to about one sixteenth of an inch square that brings me face to face with not only defeat but, the quiet scorn of Mrs. Loco.

Better that than the unspoken condemnation of the squad of burly Poles who administer lessons in car hygiene from the broad acres of our local Tesco carpark.
tr7v8 liked this
By tr7v8
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We have a Shark Duo rechargeable. Comes with 2 batteries & does the whole house to the point where the Dyson corded got given away.
By Rob P
I'd always use the one at a service station. Far more powerful, far less hassle.

Rob P
By rikur_
+1 for Dyson cordless handheld. Never found anything that works adequately off a 12v cigar socket, I suspect there just isn't the power available (I *think* they're typically on a 10A fuse, so 100W realistically)
By Trent772
Gtech mini cordless jobber is superb, does carpets and the rear beautifully. Old Mr Henry gets the rest.
johnm liked this
By PeteSpencer
We bought a rechargeable turbo Black and Decker vac from Amazon..

It has the advantage of a small flexible pipe as well which stows on the unit for those nooks and crannies .

Whatever you buy don’t go for less than 18V lithium battery if you’re looking for much suck :wink:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this