For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
I went to the first village shop and they had not one tortilla chip in the building.

I went to the other shop and all they had was a few grab bags adjacent the till

Now I am not condoning panic buying, but if I were you ....

Rob P
By Rjk983
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It’s funny how the recent news reports that have done wonders for sales of petrol are now being replicated by other companies.

Nestle are doing a nice line in hyping up pre Christmas sales in quality street by claiming there will be supply problems. Now the cynic in me would suggest that a spike in sales now will be great for them, as the vast majority bought in October will be consumed well in advance of Christmas so will have to be bought again.

Mince pies always appear in the shops at the start of October (usually with best before dates in November). But there have been some reports on quiet news days that there could be a shortage of Christmas puddings and mince pies, that’ll push some early sales figures along nicely…

On the plus side I can’t see there being a Black Friday push this year as nobody sensible is going to discount when there are shortages of everything.

It’s all just advertising hype. I’ll just get on with buying what I need, when I need it thanks - but cheers for the tip on tortillas, I’ll nip down to the local 24hr garage to make sure I don’t miss out…
Nick, T6Harvard liked this
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I could say I have a packet in the cupboard but I don't want to spoil the market for Milty.

The power of the internet does allow us to create personalized market corner conditions, Rob. Not saying anything, but... :D
Rob P, Milty liked this