For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Micromouse
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Did a double Disney Cruise a few weeks ago, but as it was a 'staycation', it didn't actually berth anywhere apart from Tibury, and yes masks inside were a requirement, as was double jabbing and lateral flow tests before boarding at the port. Did see people being turned away with positive tests, mainly with kids who tested positive.

On board great time (Wife is a Disney Freak), and the requirements didn't spoil the enjoyment.

Wayne
@Colonel Panic

Who was it said you should try everything in life once except b*gg**y and morris dancing?

The fjords cruise was an interesting experience, and there is genuinely no better way to see that sort of coastline. (HHGTTG reference can be inserted here if required).

But even before nasty killer infections it would have taken a lot to confine me again to a ship where I am the youngest and most able person* aboard (Sandra and the crew excepted). Frankly it is a ghastly experience with nothing positive I can say about it. But for anyone to willingly confine themselves today in an environment that looks purpose designed for covid transmission is something that would lead me to question their decision making capacity and start wondering about lifetime power of attorney.

Once I reach the zimmer frame stage and if assisted dying still isn't in place I may reconsider

Rob P

*I can appreciate that a Disney cruise may be the exception to this rule, but I don't feel I would enjoy it much ... or indeed, at all

And apologies to @Flying_john :D
lobstaboy, Colonel Panic, T6Harvard and 3 others liked this
By GrahamB
Rob P wrote:
Pete L wrote:Are there any cruises which offer both? (Help and Advice, remember).

Morris dancing isn't mentioned

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=3

Rob P

There was a time when one of the companies mentioned in that article used to be the top hit in Google when searching for an erstwhile French flight preparation and planning web site. :lol:
By johnm
The only time I have ever been on a cruise was the Hurtigruten Northern Lights trip with a small group from the village. It was quite enjoyable on a small ship but nothing would induce us to join a more conventional cruise
Rob P, Flyin'Dutch', JAFO liked this
By MikeE
Micromouse wrote:Did a double Disney Cruise a few weeks ago, but as it was a 'staycation', it didn't actually berth anywhere apart from Tibury, and yes masks inside were a requirement, as was double jabbing and lateral flow tests before boarding at the port. Did see people being turned away with positive tests, mainly with kids who tested positive.

On board great time (Wife is a Disney Freak), and the requirements didn't spoil the enjoyment.

Wayne

So did we (13 of us including kids) but only 2 nights from 27 September. Enjoyed it muchly. Think they took all reasonable precautions

Best wishes

Mike