For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
...Made you look! :lol:

"Luckily" in the car and than it didn't damage the radiator. If it was more central it could have hit the adaptive cruise control radar and then I would have regretted getting that option :cyclopsani: as repair probably £££££.

Bird not so lucky. Pretty sure it's not behind the bumper cooking not that it would care. Bit of an extreme wake-up call being hit by a car at 70mph.

Still one less bird for pilots to fly into :| :?
By Rob P
Think yourself lucky, my speciality is deer. :shock:

Perhaps I should stop buying cars named after big cats who are major deer predators?

Rob P
StratoTramp liked this
By townleyc
@Rob P was that big deer, or the pig like muntjac?

They can cause a lot of damage as they are so low and solid :(

KE
By Rob P
Big deer both times - Actually three times, but I don't have a picture of the 1988 incident in Warwickshire.

Rob P
By Rob P
Yes, the Jaguar, but as I was actually on the way to a dealership to trade it against the V6D S-Type with the expectation of £1,000 trade in, so the £2,500 payout was more than welcome.

Rob P
Sooty25, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Sooty25
My work van currently sports a busted grill, thanks to a deer headbutting it. I'll fix it one day. :D

But those that meet me, may notice a slightly crooked nose. That was a bird strike. Motorbike, 60mph, pheasant shot out of a hedge and hit me square in the face. Managed to stay on the bike, but ended up with a broken nose, concussion and another 40 miles to ride. Pheasant wasn't so lucky though.
By Rob P
I headbutted a pigeon once on the bike. It just gave me a shock and smeared the helmet a bit.

Rob P
By Nick
Propwash wrote:
Rob P wrote:Big deer both times - Actually three times,

What have you got against deer?

PW

I hope you took them home for the freezer.

Nick
By Rob P
No. The one that lost the battle with the Puma managed to take out three radiator elements, cooling, oil cooler and climate. Limping home was my only concern. I didn't make it.

The Jaguar suffered all sorts of concealed damage but just made it home, about ten miles. By the time I returned, heading for the dealership in the Ute, Bambi was venison pizza on the road.

Rob P
By Rob P
That's what I told the insurance companies, and the third party never disputed it.

Drawing the little diagram of the accident that claims form used to require was huge fun.

Rob P
Miscellaneous, Trent772 liked this
By Cessna571
I hit a fox in my Spitfire that ran out in front of me in the early hours of the morning on a quiet unlit road.

The Spitfire has about 6 inches ground clearance if that.

Under the front bumper there is a slightly slanted metal number plate.

It went under the front bumper, the metal number plate still has the slight dent and I was concerned there was going to be fox everywhere as it must have gone straight under the sump.

On inspection, no parts of fox and no other damage than the dent to the lower lip of the number plate.

I was quite concerned about lifting the bonnet when I got home.

I took out a crow once on a runway with an aeroplane. He saw me coming, waited, would have time his takeoff perfectly to miss us by a few feet, but I presume couldn’t see the prop.

I think it took a wing off and there was some minimal blood spatter down our wing.

Did you know that’s an MOR.