For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Loki - Age 18 1/2 .

We’re back to a one cat family for first time in 35 years

Think we’ll call it a day when Loki’s litter mate croaks
Image :(
Kittyhawk, mick w, eltonioni liked this
By Trent772
We had 2 old cats of a similar vintage. Charlie croaked first and in a flash of inspiration, I thought I would 'keep him resting' until his partner shuffled off her mortal coil.

He rested in the deep freeze for about a year, was brought out at ceremonial occasions by our Son and then they were both buried together spooning nicely.

TBH, I only wanted to have to dig one hole :pirat:

Now, she won't allow any more cats because she claims they eat the birds..... :roll:
By PeteSpencer
I won’t miss the cr ap all over the utility room floor every morning and on the Astro turf outside…………

Especially with our grandchildren all
over the place :roll:
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By A le Ron
Funnily enough, we acquired a new kitten today.
Rob P liked this
By tr7v8
Sad ours is 16+ and I fear when he goes across the rainbow bridge
By lobstaboy
Trent772 wrote:He rested in the deep freeze for about a year, was brought out at ceremonial occasions

That's, erm...

... disturbing.
To say the least.
By avtur3
For many of us pets become a huge part of our lives. To those who who don't enjoy the company of pets the behaviour of pet lovers probably makes no sense.

But if you are a pet lover, dog, cat other creature then they become a significant part of one's life.

If ... you are a pet lover than they become such an integral part of one's life it is difficult to explain to a none pet sort of person.

I grew up with a dog as a family pet, as did my wife, so having a pet dog when we were married was always going to happen.

We've been married for 38 years, and bar the 3 years we lived in the USA, we've always owned a dog, sometimes two.

This last year has been a revelation because since losing our last dog, Monty, a terrier based cross breed we acquired Minnie , an F1, first cross, Cockapoo, She is the most delightful four legged friend I could ever have imagined, I have to admit to being totally besotted with her.

The place that our pets occupy in our lives can be so very special, so when we lose them it can be very painful.

Here's a reality check ... I'm 65 and we acquired Minnie 1 year ago, if we have to say goodbye to Minnie while I'm alive it will be devastating, for Mrs A (who is 10 years younger!) i'm not sure which would be worse .... losing me or Minnie.

PS ... I have no life insurance, so there is no financial benefit to killing me off!
Rob P, PeteSpencer, MikeE liked this
By Rob P
Sorry Peter. They do become part of the family and leave a huge hole when they leave.

Ours are 13 (Electra) and 3 (Bearcat). If street mog genes run true to course then Electra should have another five years at least. I wish it was more.

Indeed the reason for the age gap is that Electra's brother Dakota died at just ten and it hit Electra hard, they rarely having been more than a few yards apart for his whole life. The kitten was more for him than us.

But then they have 24/7 access to rural Norfolk, and we have neither grandchildren or AstroTurf, so I can understand why you hesitate to consider another.

Rob P
Kittyhawk, PeteSpencer liked this
By Iceman
Sorry to hear of your loss Pete. As Rob says, they become part of the family.

Iceman 8)