For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By santon
Hi folks

Just had your breakfast ? Then look away now! :D

I'm having trouble with me nauticals and the NHS has more important things to be fixing.
About ten years ago I had them injected on the NHS (sclerotherapy). It seemed to take about 10 minutes and worked a charm for several years.

I'm looking to repeat it now but done privately. I don't need a fancy hospital or Harley Street clinic but just a man in a white coat with a syringe and a couch.

I'm having difficulty finding someone in the SW London/Surrey/Kent area. Given the age profile of us aviators there might well be somone here with such a chap/chappess.

Thanks
Supository Sam
By Loco parentis
In the meantime, don't get constipated. Eat a handful of prunes or, other foods high in fiber every day to ensure a movement. Be as regular in your habit as possible . Absolute cleanliness is essential. After a bowel movement, use soap and water to thoroughly clean the area and your fingertips to pushback any protrusion.

I write from experience.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Avoid surgery if you can:
Old aphorism from my training days:

" If it looks like a clover your troubles are over, if it looks like a dahlia, its surely a failure"

Good luck: @Loco parentis gives good advice: Also avoid chronic dehydration::monitor with urine colour-it should never look like Lucozade. more like a nice sauvignon blanc.

In minor cases sitting on a rolled up end of hand-towel will achieve the same effect as fingers...
By Bill McCarthy
Apparently, there is an alternative treatment for you dungbutton woes - it’s called electrotherapthy. No idea how it works though.
seanxair liked this
By seanxair
Bill McCarthy wrote:Apparently, there is an alternative treatment for you dungbutton woes - it’s called electrotherapthy. No idea how it works though.

Shocks the **** out of you and you forget the grapes issue :lol:
By Milty
Wow. Just wow. I’m relatively new to this forum and GA and the range and variety of topics has surprised me but tonight, I’m taken to a whole (hole) new level. Weirdly, shows that GA is quite a nice community.

Good luck with sorting out your issue.
By Nick
Get a heated seat cushion for the winter. It will keep the whole of your body warm :cyclopsani: :lol:

Nick