For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Sooty25
johnm wrote:Log burners are fine unless you buy kiln dried logs then they are nuts.

We burn stuff from the wood, felled year one and stacked as cord wood for years 2 and 3 and then cut to logs and burnt. All from regenerating coppice on a 10 year cycle.

us peasants don't happen to own our own forests m'lord, we have to buy ours!
By Sooty25
Propwash wrote:
@Sooty25 both. Just ordered from an online supplier who delivers nets on a pallet.

PW

is there an online one you tend to recommend, my local supplies seem to have dried up in recent years, people have realised the value of firewood!
By Miscellaneous
@Sooty25, I've used this company a couple of times. First time was a stop gap until I tried to source direct from the Forestry Commission. Needless to say I haven't organised an alternative and have just received a second order. Not bought from anyone else (other than Forestry C) so can't compare. All I can say is, I ordered, they arrived.

https://www.firewood-express.co.uk
Sooty25 liked this
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyingfemme wrote:
Propwash wrote:Perhaps a few more storms like Greta will give the Green lobby in parliament some pause for thought. :roll:

Don't be silly - all the green activists live in city/town centre places with hot and cold running Waitrose deliveries. They have no idea (and no care for) anyone in a different situation.

IMHO the green agenda simply doesn't allow for rural living .... totally unrealistic in so many ways.
Propwash, Sooty25, Flyingfemme and 1 others liked this
By Flyingfemme
After spending several hours online, on Facebook and the chat facility, I finally got some actual rates out of Shell Energy. My overall annual bill (assuming no change in usage) goes up by 79%!!!
I'd actually be better of on the "normal" tariff rather than the economy 7 (only a 69% hike).
By Boxkite
2 months after being transferred from Avro to Octopus there is still no account info within the new Octopus account; no bills, statements or usage. There is credit equivalent of one month's payment, even though they received a previous payment after taking over the Avro account. The only comms have been requests to read the meters.
Will Octopus be the next to go?
By eltonioni
Flyingfemme wrote:Italian power

Oxymoron alert