For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By OCB
Head banging used to mean “throwing your head back and forward to a heavy metal song, ideally with really long straight hair - cos curls don’t work ”.

With that - head banging look like this:

:wall:
By Rob P
It didn't make me laugh. Just gasp in incredulity.

Presumably a cash call followed?

Rob P
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:Presumably a cash call followed?

Unlikely. It's a chap who takes speeches and rants and stuff off the telly and youtube and takes the mick out of them by setting them to heavy metal music as if they were heavy metal songs.

Here's the full version of that video.

Here's another one.

And this one's really bizarre!

One more. I'm quite enjoying watching these!
By kanga
<slight drift :oops: >

While I was at the DoD, I flew (as the only foreign member they'd ever had, I gathered) with an Army FC at a US AAF near Washington. Army regulations required that there had to be a Chief Safety Officer who must be a US military pilot, a 'Safety Spot' in the monthly newsletter, and a monthly Safety Meeting. Members who missed 2 of these meetings in succession had to have a check ride with the FC Chief FI before flying P1 again, which ensured a good attendance.

Our CSO was a US Army helicopter pilot, Major, decorated Vietnam veteran, who was also a 'lay preacher' at a local 'Gospel' church. His style in the safety lectures at the monthly meetings was definitely that of the pulpit, suggesting that sinning pilots should fear fire and brimstone far more than the mere secular FAA. Away from the dais/pulpit, eg in social or cockpit settings, he was the nicest guy with the gentlest manner one could hope to meet. I was Editor of the newsletter for 2 years (no one else want the job, and the Chief FI wanted to offload it), so I had quite a lot to do with the CSO over the 'Safety Spot' for the newsletter :)

</>
By Aerials
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Charles Hunt wrote:I think I preferred the Hitler ones. Especially the one where Paul got a special mention.

He wasn't going to an LAA rally in a li'l red biplane, was he?
:lol: