For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By seanxair
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Cessna571 wrote:Few of those red poison blocks in the corner of the garage.

I can deal with the garage that way but the cars live outside unfortunately. My other problem is that we have crates of seasoned firewood delivered into the garage at this time of year. They will have been stood in a barn for two or three years and are comfy accommodation for mice and they don't seem to bail out on the journey up from the yard.
By JAFO
I'd never heard of mice under bonnets until today. Not from this thread but Mrs JAFO and I were heading off for a few days away when there was a strong smell of fuel. We happened to be near a garage so pulled over.

They had a look and Jerry had eaten through a fuel pipe. The last thing we need right at the moment is to be wasting fuel. The garage was very busy but managed to patch us up and we made it to our destination.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote:Mrs JAFO and I were heading off for a few days away when there was a strong smell of fuel. We happened to be near a garage so pulled over.

They had a look and Jerry had eaten through a fuel pipe.

Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men.

Charles Hunt wrote:I thought all farmers had shotguns.

Yes, but they do more damage to a car engine than the mice.
JAFO, kanga, townleyc liked this
Martens are the problem in Germany (Marder) and other parts of Europe. Loves cables, HT leads etc. One can even get insurance against their damage.

This thread has made me think now; I saw two mice in the hangar the other day.