For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Pete L wrote:This year the queue was about 100 - everyone had come at the session start time.

That's more a reflection on the NHS working on the basis that their time is more valuable than yours so they massively overbook each timeslot so they don't have to wait for patients.

Where we know that 4 jabbers can jab 4 people in 4 minutes they book-in 8 to cover no-shows and ensure a pool of jabees.

It's "efficient" use of their time even if it is bloody inefficient use of everyone else's because everyone else's isn't measured. Talk about KPIs driving the wrong behaviours. :roll: Not SMART at all.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
That's how they used to do clinics. It does have some merit in that the scarcest resource - consultants - are kept as busy as possible and the consultant can deal with their idea of the priority cases just in case they get called away for an emergency.

FCFS works extremely well for short duration activities like blood tests and jabs. I wasn't particularly complaining.

But it does tend to overwhelm the local parking / road / etc so perhaps they should book for slots like aircraft.
kanga liked this
By PeteSpencer
Pete L wrote:That's how they used to do clinics. It does have some merit in that the scarcest resource - consultants - are kept as busy as possible and the consultant can deal with their idea of the priority cases just in case they get called away for an emergency.

FCFS works extremely well for short duration activities like blood tests and jabs. I wasn't particularly complaining.

But it does tend to overwhelm the local parking / road / etc so perhaps they should book for slots like aircraft.
Our surgery ha seen the light:

I used to object to waiting in the pi ssing rain for my flu jab in a 50 strong queue outside in the street like the bread queue outside a Moscow supermarket: Now they give appointment times which are largely kept.

Our surgery however is too pokey for Covid Jabs which were devolved to a large surgery in a small business park in town: Weekends when none of the other businesses were working hence oodles of car parking,
Masterful .
By johnm
Heading to Suffolk so topped up the Subaru as I normally would. No 95 octane E10 so the Subaru was treated to 97 Octane E5 at £1.52 per gallon ( I mean litre of course :oops: ). Diesel was available too.
Last edited by johnm on Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Rob P
Rob P wrote:So I have 350 miles of 95 octane for a 280 mile round trip. Guess who will be feather-footed on the accelerator for once. Range anxiety comes to ICE owners

That went well. Cruise control set to 56mph, tucked in amongst the lorries on the motorways, completed the outbound leg and my usual 22mpg magically transformed to 31mpg.

No worries about completing the return leg, no need to seek out fuel. The car is not the daily driver so can wait to be refilled when the panic moves on to turkeys or mistletoe or something.

Doing my bit :thumleft:

Rob P
TravellerBob, Paul_Sengupta, kanga and 1 others liked this
By Propwash
My quartermaster has already arranged for our entire Christmas requirements (apart from the fresh vegetables) to be delivered in a couple of weeks. She sorted it all out back in August, but only because we are away for most of November and early December and she didn't fancy the crush near the actual date. It is a decision that is looking increasingly inspired. I might have to consider an end of year bonus for her this year. :lol:

PW
OCB, MikeB, T6Harvard liked this
By TravellerBob
Propwash wrote:I might have to consider an end of year bonus for her this year. :lol:

PW

You could present her with a nice college of photographic memories of your travels. :mrgreen: