For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Keveng
Help
I am hoping some one on here can help , i was due to fly to SA at the beginning of sept , BA cancelled my flight and the rescheduled flight , and have rebooked me a flight on the 19th however as i cant take leave at this time i cant go , they say i can move the flight , however getting hold of any sort of customer service personnel is a nightmare , in the past 4 weeks i have spent hours holding on my really important call (so they say ) tweeted , and done everything i can to get in touch without any luck , the issue i have is their terms and conditions state that i need to make the changes before the check-in date.

Feeling very frustrated and grumpy, Does anyone have any other suggestions /
By Keveng
riverrock wrote:I assume you haven't managed to change it online:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/in ... ing#change
takes you to:
https://www.britishairways.com/travel/m ... blic/en_gb

No Sadly i cant change it on line as the manage my booking page thinks im already in South Africa saying i can check in for my flight to London 24hrs before departure and do i want to reserve a seat this despite them cancelling the flights. then i get their emails welcoming me on board soon for my London to Jhb flight so it seems their it systems are in total crisis. if you try call the telephones now just hang up on you. I'm even considering going to Heathrow and seeing the help desk there is able to help

I do have screen shots of all this so i should be able to argue that i did try.

Its very frustrating as you can imagine!
Keven
By Propwash
What telephone number have you been using?

We had an email altering flight details for our upcoming holiday and my wife (who does all our travel arrangements as she used to work in the industry) rang:

0344 4930787

and spoke to a very helpful member of BA who sorted out any issues.

If you haven't already, give that a try. Hope it helps.

PW
Keveng liked this
By Keveng
Propwash wrote:What telephone number have you been using?

We had an email altering flight details for our upcoming holiday and my wife (who does all our travel arrangements as she used to work in the industry) rang:

0344 4930787

and spoke to a very helpful member of BA who sorted out any issues.

If you haven't already, give that a try. Hope it helps.

PW

Thank you, that's the one i have been using , did your wife have to hold for long ?
By Keveng
Propwash wrote:Apparently it only took about 15 minutes to get through. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Sorry I can't offer any other help. Good luck.

PW

Thank you , seems like its the luck of the draw, will try again
Propwash liked this
By Keveng
Genghis the Engineer wrote:I would try Twitter, which seems consistently to be the best way to contact big corporates these days.

G

Thanks G, i have done that as well , i tried calling again last night and as soon as you make your selection they say sorry everyone is busy and hang up so not even subjected to the carp hold music anymore. i think a trip to Heathrow and gluing my self to the Ba desk may be called for :twisted:
Keven
By Keveng
Thanks all , managed to get through after 40 min on hold and all sorted now , Thanks PW , the fact your wife got through and i managed to get into the holding pattern allowed me to persist with the call.

Just need SA off the red list now.
Keven
Propwash liked this