For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
The BMA have recently dropped their objection to assisted dying and established a neutral stance on the topic. This is a major change.

Every time this has been debated one of the strongest arguments of the naysayers has always been "Doctors and nurses are against it". The likelihood was this was never actually true, but now it definitively isn't.

There's a debate coming up. Some MPs may not yet be aware of the change.

Dignity in Dying have set up an automated system to enable you to email this information to your MP, without even knowing who they are, the form sorts out addressing for you.

https://action.dignityindying.org.uk/pa ... 8/action/1

It's not a petition, no response is required or sought from the MP.

Spare those 60 seconds, please.

Rob P

For Sally McIntosh. 1950-2006
rogerb, Spooky, Dave W liked this
I have real concerns about how such a policy might work practically to protect vulnerable people but the essence of the proposal is utterly sound. Good luck with it, it is long overdue.

Done.
Rob P liked this
Thank you @T6Harvard

I too slightly modified the message even though I am 100% certain it will never be read by Ms Truss.

Rob P
I wrote to my MP about this already. I pointed out that one of the Upper House who had always been a staunch opponent strangely changed his mind when he became afflicted. Who would have thought it?

I have always thought that those who who seek to impose their moral position onto others regardless of the suffering or indignity it causes display a particular type of arrogance.

PW
Rob P, T6Harvard, Flyin'Dutch' and 1 others liked this
PeteSpencer wrote:Do addressees pay any attention at all

From the useless rising star that is Liz Truss in response to my e-mail, a small snippet

CAMPAIGNS

If your email is in relation to a nationwide campaign, thank you for raising this with me. I will not respond individually to each email but will ensure the concerns are raised with the relevant department.

So no. Probably not.

Rob P