For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By OCB
Post for a bit of fun.

I couldn’t help having a childish snigger when I saw the headlines about today’s Cabinet reshuffle.

Which got me thinking about all the appropriately/inappropriately etc named politicians or sportsmen or whatever

Truss - a gift to any 70s or 80s journo, but I think nobody has the cajones these days to hold up that joke.

Cardinal Sin.
Jaime Sin that is, Archbishop of Manila back in the day.

Any others?
By JAFO
Near where I grew up on the Lancashire coast, the local undertakers were called Box Brothers. Always seemed quite apt.

Many on here will know the AME Dr. Feltwell.
By Rob P
No amusement here.

Truss is 'my' MP. She's always been a useless constituency representative, I can't see that situation improving now.

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By OCB
Rob P wrote:No amusement here.

Truss is 'my' MP. She's always been a useless constituency representative, I can't see that situation improving now.

Rob P

Ahh, @Rob P - I was actually trying to keep “actual politics” out of this …now, if you’d said she’d ballzd things up, then we’d be getting somewhere - a kinda uplifting experience etc
JAFO liked this
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bob Canon. He got fired. Bit like Stuart Gun.

It's a bit obscure but we used to work with a Lee peacock.

We changed this to Jumpy Dick (leaping cock).
By OCB
I’ve mentioned this on here before - Sander Cock, which in our company directory was displayed Last Name, First Name.

I genuinely, honestly thought it was a joke name that my colleagues had managed to sneak into the email system.

It definitely wasn’t helped that the only mails that appeared in my mailbox from that account were jokes - and some cracking ones at that.

When I was down at the part of the plant where this lot dwelled, I congratulated them on their ingenuity with that silly spoofed name…to then see my colleagues go pale, shake their heads and point frantically to the guy who was sitting about 30cm behind me :oops:

I’ve since learned that both first and last names aren’t uncommon Dutch names….
By Rob P
OCB wrote:Ahh, @Rob P - I was actually trying to keep “actual politics” out of this

Apologies to all. Feeling disenfranchised leads one to lose perspective.

Rob P
StratoTramp liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
OCB wrote:I’ve since learned that both first and last names aren’t uncommon Dutch names….

I used to work with a chap called Dean Cook. I work for a Swedish company. It caused a certain amount of hilarity. Maybe Peter AKG can explain...

(Sounds exactly like "din kuk" - "your cock")