For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
For yonks my mailbox was hosted by 34sp.com, I believe a fair few of us went over there as one of the proprietors was a contributor.

For reasons I have now forgotten I thought I'd move that together with the hosting of a website to Wix, but never saw that through.

Wix does offer the service but at nearly 7 quid a box that is not an insignificant amount per month.

Are there other options?
By eltonioni
We pay for 123reg hosting services but I'm pretty sure that just having your domain registered through them gets you as many as you like for the price of the annual registration fee. We've got loads
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Rob L
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:For yonks my mailbox was hosted by 34sp.com, I believe a fair few of us went over there as one of the proprietors was a contributor.

For reasons I have now forgotten I thought I'd move that together with the hosting of a website to Wix, but never saw that through.

Wix does offer the service but at nearly 7 quid a box that is not an insignificant amount per month.

Are there other options?

I went with 34sp.com for the same reason...is there something I should be worried about Frank? Is the "one of the proprietors was a contributor" no longer valid? Or should I be worried otherwise?
Rob
By townleyc
I just have a domain bought from fasthosts - they forward email as required. Normally I have it forward to my gmail account, although I have used my ISP mail

Don't currently have any websites, although that may change...

Works for me

KE
By townleyc
GMail is good, but with the free version there is of course no SLA.

So if you somehow break their terms, for example if hacked, they can and will just close your account - all lost, and you have no comeback

KE
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By TravellerBob
hotmail, now Outlook of course, is good.