For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By TravellerBob
johnm wrote:The guy who is going undertake tree surgery in our Alderney garden describes himself as "A former new age traveller" and takes unkindly to those litter louts and thieves who use the term to describe themselves :-)

@Kanga is it serendipity or irony or coincidence when a thread not about something or someone spawns a thread which is about that something or someone?

I've never been certain which. :oops:
kanga liked this
By TravellerBob
Paultheparaglider wrote:I didn't have a clue until Frank posted.

...and now yours makes no sense at all because the one you referred to is gone. kaput. :oops:
By Rjk983
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Paultheparaglider wrote:
G-BLEW wrote:P.ikey is not an acceptable term.

Is Traveller ok?

Rats. Now I need to apologise again.

Sorry, Bob. :wink:

Reasonable people know that it isn’t an acceptable term, but for the rest - the spelling/grammar police will be along shortly to confirm that their shouldn’t be a full stop between the P and the i.
StratoTramp liked this
By VRB_20kt
Oddly the sweary filter is partially disabled on Tapatalk. So one gets the unredacted version after clicking on a thread but ***** on the summary.

(Edited for sense)
By lobstaboy
But what does **** mean?
Is it a word so powerful that readers would be instantly blinded?
By TopCat
lobstaboy wrote:But what does **** mean?
Is it a word so powerful that readers would be instantly blinded?

Well it depends on what was originally typed, ie **** or ****
StratoTramp, Sooty25 liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
lobstaboy wrote:Is it a word so powerful that readers would be instantly blinded?

They say that it could make you go blind.
townleyc liked this
By ROG
Trust not a variation of FFI---joke for ex military out there.
Recently had a coffee with a mate in the local British Legion--believe that I was the only one in there who"d actually been fighting for the queen--albeit in the NAAFI.
By TheKentishFledgling
A note from the admins (that I’m pretty sure we’ve made before…) but if you find yourself prefacing a post with “I hope this doesn’t cross the no politics line”, then please please please don’t click the “submit” button.

It’s really not that difficult.
TravellerBob, Aerials, Dave W and 1 others liked this
By Iceman
Forum Fire Service, as is required to put out the flames occasionally :D.

Iceman 8)
Nick liked this
By Paultheparaglider
TheKentishFledgling wrote:A note from the admins (that I’m pretty sure we’ve made before…) but if you find yourself prefacing a post with “I hope this doesn’t cross the no politics line”, then please please please don’t click the “submit” button.

It’s really not that difficult.

Please don't read the Track Greta thread.

It should be a requirement to be bald to be a Mod. At least it would save the pain of tearing all your hair out. :wink:
Flyin'Dutch', kanga liked this