For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
TLDR: Be nice, play by the rules, and if you can't do that find somewhere else.

There are literally thousands of sites where you can go and discuss politics and pick fights all day long. There just isn't the bandwidth to deal with some of the rubbish that we've had on here recently*.

To save anyone from having to click a couple of times, here's the relevant part of the code of conduct…

Be nice, considerate and polite.
If you can't make your point without a personal attack, obvious or otherwise, don't make it at all. Beware sarcasm, it mostly doesn't work on the Internet. Don't write stuff that you wouldn't say out loud at a party of friends with young kids present, (if you are inconsiderate and impolite at parties, maybe avoid those too).
No party politics, no religion
We're all masters of self control (probably), but let's not test that with temptation.
No bigotry, racism or sexism
See above (Be nice, considerate and polite). For the avoidance of doubt (and as an example), P.ikey is not an acceptable term.

If any of that is a problem for you, please feel free to find your fun elsewhere, we can lend a hand with that.

Thanks

Ian
*If you're reading that and thinking 'he must mean xyz' then maybe I do, but maybe I mean you.
TravellerBob, eltonioni, tr7v8 and 4 others liked this
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ian

Please can you make your thread titles more clear, or you’ll have RobL after you.

Joking. :D
By Sir Morley Steven
Point of order, “FFS” isn’t something I would say out loud in front of ki…..
oh actually I probably would.
TheFarmer liked this
By Sooty25
There was me thinking it was another form of EC, something like For Flight Safety maybe, oh well.
townleyc liked this
By GAFlyer4Fun
I thought FFS was for an over zealous nanny state restricting our enjoyment of life and airspace.
I obviously missed the incident that triggered Bossman to start this thread.
Hopefully common sense and "normality" will be restored soon.
By PeteSpencer
My 10 year old granddaughter who occasionally borrows my iPhone to play Roblox when she’s visiting , looked over my shoulder while I was browsing the forum yesterday and asked ..
‘ Grandpa, what’s FFS ?’
Kittyhawk liked this
By TravellerBob
Surely an erudite grandfather can make something up quickly to avoid embarrassment?

Flyer Forum Specials would seem apposite.
By johnm
I'd like to say that @Paultheparaglider qualifies as "an exception that proves the rule " :D
By TravellerBob
Forum Funded Self-awareness-courses
By PeteSpencer
I actually told her it was ‘Fat Finger Syndrome’ - a grumpy old man was complaining about the number of typing mistakes . :wink:
TravellerBob liked this
By TravellerBob
Paultheparaglider wrote:Sorry, Bob. :wink:

Love means never having to say "sorry", Paul.

Sorry. :oops:
Paultheparaglider liked this
By chevvron
Sooty25 wrote:There was me thinking it was another form of EC, something like For Flight Safety maybe, oh well.

Fulham Football Supporters.
By johnm
The guy who is going undertake tree surgery in our Alderney garden describes himself as "A former new age traveller" and takes unkindly to those litter louts and thieves who use the term to describe themselves :-)