For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Propwash wrote:I don't know if you caught the interview with her where she was asked if Morgan's comments after her withdrawal from Wimbledon had spurred her on to win in New York. Her reply, "I'm sorry, I don't know who he is", was pure class! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PW

I suspect you didn't - because it never happened (someone on twitter made it up, then it went "viral"...)
Wish she had said it though.

In a different interview, she said after her Wimbledon exit she hadn't looked at social media (her phone was kept by her physio for "safe keeping") so she wouldn't have seen the comments after that anyway.
johnm liked this
By Propwash
riverrock wrote:[
I suspect you didn't - because it never happened (someone on twitter made it up, then it went "viral"...)
Wish she had said it though.

In a different interview, she said after her Wimbledon exit she hadn't looked at social media (her phone was kept by her physio for "safe keeping") so she wouldn't have seen the comments after that anyway.

I didn't hear it, but neither did I see it on Twitter. It has obviously been published far and wide then. I read it on a source which is usually very reliable.

Sorry if I inadvertently mislead the Forum. :oops:

Pity really, I thought it was a classic. :(

PW
mick w liked this
By eltonioni
#PiersWho? :lol: The thing we have to remember about Morgan is that he's made a multi-million career of being a polemist, what he says doesn't matter, it gets us talking.

Half heard comment on the tranny this morning... of the last 10 first time (female?) Grand Slam winners, only 3 have won another Grand Slam. . She's got work to do but what an amazing start!

In other news;
eltonionis pal who ran the LTA sent a message this morning and wrote:The framework to pick the next Grand Slam winner has been in place for some time. It just needed an outstanding athlete to be born. We have one in Yorkshire but not sure he has all the qualities to emulate ER’s dramatic rise.

All hail the backroom boys and girls! :thumleft:
By TravellerBob
any reference to morgan should be removed.

How that POS is still broadcasting outside a prison cell or a coffin after what he did to Milly Dowler's family or the Service men and women he lied about beggars belief.

Like the greta mob he must have apostles onside as well - probably old men.

Apols for the thread drift. @PeteSpencer started it this time.