For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Just looked and I used about 6250 kWh of electricity and 14850 kWh of gas over the last year. I don’t currently have a smart meter or economy 7.

I’m currently with igloo who say they are still on average £71 lower than the cap after their price increase.
Their rates from 1st October are 23p/day, 20.8p/kWh for electricity and 26p/day, 3.919p/kWh for gas which seems cheaper than Octopus for me.

Maybe I need a smart meter and a tariff with a night rate.
stevelup wrote:As you may know, the other large suppliers – British Gas, EDF, E.on, OVO, ScottishPower and Bulb – have all announced October price rises, taking their prices within pennies of the Energy Price Cap: the legal maximum they can charge their customers.

Seems as though Bulb are in trouble :shock:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58619418
JonathanB wrote:Maybe I need a smart meter and a tariff with a night rate.

We don’t have a smart meter, but do have Economy 10. There is certainly an inconvenience in managing usage, however every time we look at having it changed we conclude it is less expensive than a flat rate. We manage approx a two thirds to one third split in favour of the off peak rate (it is not all night).
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Apparently gas prices are up 250% since January and 70% alone since August alone.

:bounce: :thumleft:

Its good news. Basicly this means its back where it was (and should be) after an all time low last Summer...
Last edited by skydriller on Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My #2 electricity supplier, Green.Energy have just written to me asking if I would sign a petition as, in their words...

We have zero confidence in Kwasi Kwarteng continuing to act as the Business Secretary in the UK, due to the lack of support towards energy suppliers and their customers. In recent news, Kwarteng has had meetings with Ofgem and with large energy suppliers - neglecting smaller suppliers, with customers totalling in the millions and thousands of staff members.

Kwarteng said that small firms would be allowed to go bankrupt, with their customers auctioned off to the company prepared to offer them the cheapest rate. We believe that he is unfit for his current role and further action is needed to ensure that the energy market has adequate support.

Maybe I should have ticked the "No Party Politics" box when I signed up with them :roll:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
skydriller wrote:Its good news. Basicly this means its back where it was (and should be) after an all time low last Summer...

Which doesn't explain why my business renewal offer for electricity (micro-user) had a unit price 50% higher than I was paying at the end of 2019. The huge dip in wholesale prices didn't get me anything cheaper, so it sounds like a ripoff to me..............
Flyingfemme wrote:
skydriller wrote:Its good news. Basicly this means its back where it was (and should be) after an all time low last Summer...

Which doesn't explain why my business renewal offer for electricity (micro-user) had a unit price 50% higher than I was paying at the end of 2019. The huge dip in wholesale prices didn't get me anything cheaper, so it sounds like a ripoff to me.........

FTAOD , Im talking about the world Natural Gas price... This is about as relative to the UK electricity price as it is to the oil price... ie not a lot....

Regards, SD..