For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Colonel Panic wrote:Green.energy have now gone bust

Just great. I was with Yorkshire when they went bust in December and we were all moved to Scottish Power. Took me ages to get out from them - been with them before and they were a total PITA. Moved to Green, who weren’t any better. They never used the readings I sent and the DD went up double after the first 2 months - well Jan and Feb are the most energy heavy months. They refused to bring the amount down after months of summer use building credit despite claiming that they “reviewed DD levels every 3 months. Eventually I just cancelled the DD and was burning credit. Yesterday I called to set up a new DD and they were still vastly overestimating my annual use. Thank goodness I didn’t give them any more money.
I’d be perfectly happy to pay what I owe every month but that doesn’t seem to be an option.
+1 for Octopus - been with them since around mid-2019 I think.

Wasn't in a rush to get a smart meter until new company car was on the cards - we had a choice of 2 hybrids or 1 electric (only). I went for one of the hybrids (330e).

Smart meter install via AES was a bit of a saga (2 x failed appts, engineer assigned self-isolating, 3rd found an issue UKPN needed to sort so aborted... 4th time the charm). Got £100 out of Octopus for the trouble.

Was able to switch to Go from last Saturday and then switch to Go Faster completed yesterday, just in time as their tariffs increased from today!

We're now fixed until end of March '22 on gas at 2.9p/kwh and on Go Faster until Sept '22 for electricity at 15.96p/kwh / 5.5p/kwh 0130-0630. This lets me get in a full car charge (3.75hrs), plus run the pre-conditioning cycle to end at 06:30 (the latter uses about 1-1.5kw in addition to 12kw battery charge).

The new rates today are 24.25p/kwh daytime rate on Go and averaging around 5.9-6p/kwh gas...
Regarding "social obligation", as a thank you for allowing them to put up one of the largest on-shore wind farms in the UK here around where I am in Maerdy, they have a community fund which is distributed around the affected (some would say blighted, but not me!) communities. Each year people can put forward worthy causes and they get anything up to £5000 from the wind turbine fund. They are voted on by the local community.

I've posted about it before.

https://www.maerdywindfund.co.uk/

The 2020 grants are shown here in green.

Good news, as of last night the wind's picked up so we can turn the gas down a bit now (as a country that is).
kanga liked this
stevelup wrote:If anyone needs any further convincing that Octopus are just great...

Personally I question the greatness of any service provider forecasting the frequency and duration of calls necessitates/justifies such an elaborate on hold system.

I worry you are a victim of normalisation Steve. :wink:

I'd rather not have the need to call and if I do, the phone is answered with the enquiry being dealt with without the need for lengthy holds. Remember those days? :D
It's an interesting list. Some of the tracks are akin to an undertaker having hold music including;
"Going Underground" by The Jam
"Great Balls Of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis
"The Road To Hell" by Chris Rea"
etc