For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
One of the top five rockers ever?

Just watched some Feelgoods stuff on YouTube, and he really is something.

Are there five better?

Rob P
By Forfoxake
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
No idea why this has appeared here but the best rock (and several other genres) guitarist has got to be Stevie Ray Vaughan (and sadly, he has snuffed it).

However, my favourite guitarist, dead or alive, is Paul Kossoff. Albert King is pretty special too.

Multi-talented and still alive are Steve Cropper and Nile Rodgers.
By RobW
If we are starting a list, I would like to add Albert Lee, absolute legend of the early British rock scene with Heads Hands a feet, still touring and rocking today.

I saw Steve Cropper live a couple of years ago*, Amazing night but without exaggeration I doubt there were more than 20 tickets sold, Dappy from N-Dubz (?) booked for the following week had sold out.

*Edit- A couple of years ago turns out to be 2014
By Rob P
Well jealous of that @Sir Morley Steven

I attended one of his gigs in Ipswich, back in the nineties. Absolutely amazing.

Rob P
By Forfoxake
Surprised this has not generated more comment!

Another five to consider:

Mike Campbell, Mick Ronson, Robert Cray, Derek Trucks and, of course, Peter Green ("He has the sweetest tone I ever heard; he was the only one who gave me the cold sweats." commented BB King)