For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By leiafee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yeah well people’ pets aren’t going to simultaenously Steal Our Jobs at the same time as Scrounging Our Benefits with an option on All Being Terrorists are they…

The current Home Office probably vastly prefers animals to people.

I’m not one tiny little bit startled or surprised.
Jim Jones, kanga, NickS liked this
There is so much noise in the press about the whole Afghanistan situation that it is difficult to see what is what.

Fact is that it has been known that the US was going to withdraw this year, initially planned for May 2021, since the previous administration announced it in February 2020.

That is 18 months.

So much for being on the ball, so much for the special relationship (again) It is little solace that it seems we aren't the only ones caught out.
Kittyhawk, kanga, T6Harvard liked this
Bill McCarthy wrote:I am very relieved that our troops got out before the US - I fear that the Taliban could stage a “spectacular” on the last flight out.

You think? Biden would then have no choice but to refuel the troop transports and send them back…

Of course, “ISIS-K” could be behind a spectacular- which would then have the Taliban vying to have Biden act as their free Air Force…

Sad to say, but I can’t wait for this to be over and for it to drop from the news