For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Genghis the Engineer
For interest, whilst I didn't like it on many levels and don't have my copy to hand, here's my main reference for this knowledge.

My understanding is that airspace use, or even space use, does not constitute ownership but right of way. When an aeroplane flies over my house, they are making use of a legally defined right of way - but I still own it.

G

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Who-Owns-Sky-S ... 575&sr=8-1
By eltonioni
@Genghis the Engineer that's my understanding too although what I'm going to do with the bit that keeps changing beyond earth is anyone's guess. Maybe that's why the aliens keep coming, to assert their property rights. :) Ad coelum isn't the best worked out legal idea to be fair.
By lobstaboy
Genghis the Engineer wrote:It is indeed a classic conflict between law and physical reality. The Indiana Pi bill comes to mind.

G

Thanks Genghis for introducing that bit of arcania. I'd never heard of the Indiana Pi Bill, but a bit of Googling gave me a good read and another titbit to add to my store of tales to annoy people with.
Great stuff!
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Paultheparaglider wrote:So, my old fruit, are we legally allowed to lob squashy tomatoes at low flying drones?

"My old fruit"
Haven't heard that for a long time :thumright:
OCB liked this
By Rjk983
can we start lobbying for it to become an olympic sport. two competitors, one flies their drone, other tries to shoot it down, swap at half time, most destroyed drones wins...
By OCB
Rjk983 wrote:can we start lobbying for it to become an olympic sport. two competitors, one flies their drone, other tries to shoot it down, swap at half time, most destroyed drones wins...

There are already drone “fpv air race” competitions - amazing flying if you’ve never seen it - there’s always been that devilish side of me thinking “hmm - adding tiny little guns would certainly spice up the race”…. :twisted: :oops:
By johnm
-DV8R- wrote:Perhaps not very PC, but i admire hitting a small, moving target.... well done !!!

Pheasant, grouse, drone, much of a muchness except that you can't eat drones :D